Solar Panel Idea

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure why so many older persons talk as if they were the last good generation because the truth is that they are not. It the responsibility of older generations to be the mentors that make a difference in their lives. If they are not taught how to do things we of the older generations are the ones to blame for how they turn out.
There are a lot of us who would be willing to teach the younger generation but, in my experience they are so hooked on their phone, the next what ever and those silly games they don't have time to learn and are not interested. My own children are in their 50's and they have no end of things they learned from their Dad and I. They use all that knowledge on a regular basis and use it for their own benefit and that of many other people. If you can find some young person who really wants to learn send him/her to me and I'll share my knowledge in any thing I know about such as gardening, herbs, starting plants from seeds, cuttings, grafting, sewing, designing patterns, crochet, knitting, wood working, making tools, working with marble and many other things. Just ask.

In moving back to the thread topic, here is a solar panel to consider. Too late to help the original poster, but for anyone willing to splurge for the premium price of fold up portable panels, these CIGS panels are very durable, waterproof, light weight, can be rolled up for storage (the grommet version), and work very well in shady conditions! Expensive, yes, but should last a long time. Note that the Hobo discount has expired but BougeRV always seems to be offering some sort of discount anyway, and there are other reviewers on YT also offering codes:

Am I the only one that never clicks a video link unless I get an actual description of what the video references? Preferably a link to the great product with reviews?

I've noticed a trend in the forums I frequent for some to let a video speak for them, and expect everyone just to clock and spend their time watching whatever they post. It's annoying.

Am I the only one that never clicks a video link unless I get an actual description of what the video references? Preferably a link to the great product with reviews?

I've noticed a trend in the forums I frequent for some to let a video speak for them, and expect everyone just to clock and spend their time watching whatever they post. It's annoying.
If you are referring to my YT link, there isn't much more to add to the description I already included, plus take into consideration the info supplied by the YT video photo link. For anyone not trusting links, and I don't blame you, just do your own search for the subject. In this case just make your way to YouTube and search for something like "BougeRV Yuma 200w CIGS indestructible solar panel" and look for a photo link identical to the one displayed in my link!
By the way, the YouTube reviewer pictured goes by the name of Hobotech, and he is almost as famous among the RV community as Bob Wells and Will Prowse.

^ ...........at $3 a Watt.......(Who shoots their panels anyway ?)..............

I bought my NEW fixed panels for $.50 a Watt 5 years ago

SanTanSolar has some USED fixed panels for around $.10 a Watt

Last edited:
^ ...........at $3 a Watt.......(Who shoots their panels anyway ?)..............

I bought my NEW fixed panels for $.50 a Watt 5 years ago

SanTanSolar has some USED fixed panels for around $.10 a Watt
Weeeell - that's just HoboTech. If you want his info - and I sometimes do - you just have to put up with his BS.

As I recall, my used 286-watt residential panel from SanTan cost a whole $98.

If you are referring to my YT link
It isn't just yours. It's just been a trend I've noticed.
. For anyone not trusting links,
It's not that I don't trust links. I just find clicking on a video and watching it is usually a waste of my time. That bothers me more than the video being linked.
I don't blame you, just do your own search for the subject.
I would love to do research on it. But I had no information to start from.
By the way, the YouTube reviewer pictured goes by the name of Hobotech, and he is almost as famous among the RV community as Bob Wells and Will Prowse.
I'm familiar the name. Again it's not that I don't trust the source or even the information.

But if you tell me that these panels are great and link the actual panels I can click and look at the panel and info regarding it. If you add a video that shows those panels in action that's the bonus they can give me more info if I choose to research more.

But linking the video only, I have to watch the video, work through what's been presented, and still have to search to find the information I most likely want. It's kinda backwards for the way I do research.

But that's just me and my pet peev.

I have to agree with Happy Camper. I do my own research, if only to fact check. But, I think the video link should be an addendum and not the only source.

I have to agree with Happy Camper. I do my own research, if only to fact check. But, I think the video link should be an addendum and not the only source.
What is this with everyone critiquing everyone else;s post? It is his post and his right to do it as he should. I can't believe how crabby people are here at times.

I was critiquing a general trend, which happened to include that post. I tend not to be crabby, although I can come off that way at times.

I guess I get frustrated because for quite a while it was the in thing to get others to watch a video at all costs because it was monetized.

I know that wasn't the case in the post above. But I still get flashbacks of every third post being a video link.

And it used to be forum policy to describe what was in the video link for those that didn't have the bandwidth or data to watch it. But I guess we've moved on from that.

I was critiquing a general trend, which happened to include that post. I tend not to be crabby, although I can come off that way at times.

I guess I get frustrated because for quite a while it was the in thing to get others to watch a video at all costs because it was monetized.

I know that wasn't the case in the post above. But I still get flashbacks of every third post being a video link.

And it used to be forum policy to describe what was in the video link for those that didn't have the bandwidth or data to watch it. But I guess we've moved on from that.
I do understand. Just relax and enjoy. Seems we are all along for the ride. Thanks for mentioning the monetized part. I seldom remember that.