Portable air compressor HDR????

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I missed where you bought it. Was looking on Amazon. Good luck with finding space, that's my problem too. :(

It appears I may also need a CB radio for those times when my phone will be out of range which could be most of the time. I would like to just have a handheld but am unsure about range. Anyone know much about CB radios or have any comments please post

Hells bells HDR. I dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh good. No prob with CB then. Thanks OP.

Be sure to use the air filter on the mv 50 , but first clear the air filter inlet holes of leftover flashing material which can starve the unit of air. Might want to start the compressor before threading the tire valve on, and carry an extra 30 amp ATC fuse for it. it draws between 16 and 19 amps depending on voltage abd pre

Don't pull hard on the 12v cord where it exits the back of the unit.

Have a known good full size spare tire.
I think it is still recommended to buy gas using pesos rather than dollars, but it has been a decade since I ventured to Baja

bring wood to put under the jack for soft surfaces..

http://forums.bajanomad.com/today.php

Thanks Sternwake!

I bought the MV 50 off of JiminDenver and sternwakes recommendations and am quite happy with it so far. I've only used it a few times but the first time I was able to inflate an almost 100% deflated tire and then topped it off twice on the ride home as it was losing air. If I didn't have it with me I would have been putting my spare on in 12" of fresh snow on a 20 degree winter day. Instead I was able to make it home and change it in a warm, dry garage.

It's not the fastest compressor in the world and you can't run tools off it like HDR can with his, but it will put air in your tires.

Thanks, exactly what I need then!

The MV-50 can really use some spit and polish, but at a minimum open up the aircleaner's inlet holes, and get an allen wrench and tighten the 4 head bolts evenly.

If it stops working mysteriously, the wires inside the endcap have pulled from the crimp nuts. Pretty easy fix, but prevention is easier than fixing it when needed, like in 12 inches of snow or when trying to pump your tires back upto 45 PSI for Mex1 driving, from the 32psi that made baja's washboard somewhat tolerable.

The MV-50 is more than 2x as fast as those 12v compressors that come with ciggy plugs, as it can pull 19 amps.

Sternwake I'll be sure to check those things as soon as it comes in. Thanks so much for the heads up and now I know what to air my tires down to for the washboards!

Any more words of wisdom I'm all ears.