Plumbing related product suggestions plz...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradKW

Reaction score
Just sitting down to do some Googling, hopefully get plumbing my tanks on the list next couple weeks. In no particular order, and product suggestions welcome...

1) Tank has 1/2" female threaded openings. How do I get them to PEX for supply and fill lines?

2) how do I make it so I can disconnect both PVC drains/vents and PEX supply lines near tank so I can drop tank in future?

3) fresh fill: can a quick coupling work so I just need to snap in hose?

4) fresh vent: want to vent in interior space, concerned about how high water could push up pipe during braking?

5) thinking grey tanks might be fine to drain with a garden hose instead of a big RV type tank hose..?

6) good ball valves for drains?

7) fresh intake filter?

Thanks for any suggestions!

8) for fresh intake, do I just need a check valve for filling, or also a pressure regulator? not sure I understand the need for a regulator if the tank is vented...

BradKW said:
8) for fresh intake, do I just need a check valve for filling, or also a pressure regulator? not sure I understand the need for a regulator if the tank is vented...

If you are filling the fresh tank then turning off the water supply at the source I think the regulator is unnecessary.  Don't regulators protect RV plumbing from being blown out by water pressure from RV park open hookups?  But the simple brass ones are cheap, like $10 and wouldn't do harm other than slowing filling process.

Re.  fresh vent:  Maybe the vent could have a plug or valve so it could be closed when underway.  Add "close fresh water tank vent" to preflight checklist.  :)  It could be open when camping to allow positive pressure from filling and negative pressure from pumping to equalize.

BradKW I have used a3/4 drain for my gray water tank  for 4 years with no problem. I also use ball valve for shut off.I also used a female water hose conector and a four foot of garden hose to be able to reach the  dump drain.

not sure how far along you are but my rv has cts(copper tube size) pvc which is small diameter then normal pvc and makes sense for a small system and they have all the valves,connections and whatnot for it

Brad. You need to visit a plumbing supply house or a Home Depot or Lowes. Walk in the plumbing fittings aisle and all your wishes will be fulfilled.

Latest posts