plumbing problem sort of

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonegary

Reaction score
You know those 55 gal blue plastic barrels.  I drilled a 1" hole in one and that was a mistake.  i want to glue a larger piece of that same blue plastic over that hole.  So far white glue doesn't work, PVC pipe cement doesn't work.  I'm thinking of bonding putty.  If anyone knows what might work I'd appreciate it. 
gary

plastics are very hard to glue to. first you must determine the type of plastic then use the correct bonding method. most bonding to plastic is considered a weld, either by heat or chemical reaction. highdesertranger

I would try E-6000 before JB weld or any others.

Also, consider riveting your patch to act as integrity and using a sealant instead of a glue. In that case I would use Lexel, Geocel, or Through the Roof sealant with rivets/screws as the holding strength.

Like others said before. You cannot glue it. Heat weld it. Google a plastic fabricator and they will probably do it for you for free. If you are near Phoenix, I can do it.

THANKS! For all the suggestions. Yes it's for water. The bummer is I didn't do just one barrel so I really screwed myself and didn't want to admit it here. There goes that. Thanks to all again gary

THANKS!  For all the suggestions.   Yes it's for water.   The bummer is I didn't do just one barrel so I really screwed myself and didn't want to admit it here.  There goes that.  Thanks to all again    gary

maybe its a gary thing but i tend to screw myself about every third step so dont get to down on yourself

Latest posts