Planning to Hit the Road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bakuca

Reaction score
Hi all!  I'm about to step outside my door and on to the road, like Bilbo Baggins.  "The road goes ever on and on..."  No telling what will happen!

I've already gotten a lot of inspiration from watching Bob's videos on YouTube.  And I'm really thinking hard about what kind of vehicle I want. 

I'm an environmentalist and I want to live off the grid as much as possible with solar, etc.  But I will need to commute between Maryland and Texas in order to support my son in Fort Worth who has a mild form of autism and my older son and daughter-in-law in Baltimore who want me to help with after school care for my granddaughter, Emma.

Welcome Bakuca!
There are plenty of different options for commuter friendly vehicles. Ask a lot of questions and I can guarantee that there will be plenty of people here that are willing to help with more information than you can believe.

Many great vehicles to consider, but one thing is important IS HOW small can you go and be super comfortable with just that. best of luck!

Hi, and welcome fellow environmentalist, Bakuca!!