Place to relax during the day in Va Beach

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgorila1

Reaction score
I found a decent place to hang out during the day in Virginia Beach. Stumpy lake park and golf course off Indian Road has a nice shaded area  as you drive into the golf course road that you can pull into under the trees. There is a Porta John over by the walking trails in the park, and the temperature in the shade is quite nice right now. There is a kayak/canoe launch in the lake. You can fish in the lake too from the shore or kayak. Park closes at 8:00pm. As long as you don't set  up camp like a walmartian you should be able to enjoy a relaxing day right in the middle of the city. This is a city owned park and golf course.

Yep know the place.
 I was stationed at Little Creek base in 93-94. Man miss va beach for sure. Make sure you get philly roast beef and ice cream at the purple cow. I know the boardwalk has changed alot since then, but remember there was a haunted house right off the main drag. One of the best times of my life.