PCV Filter....?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanLyfe

Reaction score
<p>I am currently in the middle of doing an extensive tune up on the ol' van and I am having one hell of a time trying to find a replacement PCV filter for my 5.0L 1986 E-150, anyone know where I could pick one up either locally or online? The only results I am getting through google are PCV Valves and PCV Filters that are for E250's and E350's, I've checked and retro fitting these is a no go. Anyone??</p><p>P.S. The results I do get are a small circular silver filter, this is not what I need. What I am looking for basically resembles a tiny air filter, approx. 3 inches long.&nbsp;</p>

Close but no cigar...I've been perusing the net and the local shops for close to 8 hours now and I'm thinking I'll just buy an air filter, cut it to fit, and create a rubber seal of some sort. Thanks for the suggestions/links, guys.&nbsp;

what you are describing sounds like a crankcase breather(what on the road was trying to show you)&nbsp;&nbsp;not a pcv valve.&nbsp; someone probably switched the pcv.&nbsp; obviously this 150 doesn't have to be smog checked because it would not pass.&nbsp; you could just clean it and reuse or put a new one in just has to fit the grommet or return it to a pvc.&nbsp; highdesertranger

Just look for one specific to the engine your van has, i.e. 4.6, 5.4, etc. The model of your van, E-150 or E-250, should be irrelevant to the PCV valve. It's the engine you have to match it to.

For instance, I imagine the Ford 5.4 uses the same PCV valve regardless of whether it's in an E-150 van or a F-150 pickup.

I'm curious to know what the one on there now looks like if it's not one of the small aftermarket breathers (that look like a small air cleaner). Most engine air filters are pretty big and it's hard to visualize one that's cut down to fit that smaller application.

it sounds like you have a k&amp;n&nbsp;they make a breather that looks like one of their air filters.&nbsp; i believe others make them also.&nbsp; this is not a factory ford set up if it has one of those. &nbsp;that's why he can't find one or&nbsp;one that&nbsp;looks like what he has.&nbsp; i am only guessing by what vanlyfe posted. &nbsp;a pic or two would help.&nbsp; and like i stated before those can be cleaned and reused.&nbsp; no need to replace.&nbsp; if you still want to throw it out, &nbsp;i will take it, &nbsp;i'll even pay for the shipping.&nbsp; highdesertranger