Parrot

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weestrom05

Reaction score
Any one traveling with
A parrot. I want to bring my sun conure on the road. I don't want to go to cold climates so I don't think she will be a problem

The cold isn't as much as a problem as drafts, hot and cold.

I don't travel with birds but worked in aviaries in my youth and raised several different types of parrots in the past.

When my husband and I travel in our small Class C, we bring our Senegal Parrot with us. She travels great, enjoying the movement of going down the road. We keep her in a secured cage when on the move, at night, or when she is alone. When camping, she is on a small perch that hangs over the dining area. The suspended perch has an upside-down umbrella hanging below it, lined with newspaper, which helps to contain the mess.

The size of the cage creates a problem and if the bird is free to fly inside it needs open space. My friend started in a small travel and trailer but needed more floor space so moved up to a 5th wheel. Still not enough floor space. So shes switching to a long cargo trailer she'll build with the bird in mind. Whatever you get, should have a very open floor plan. I think a toy hauler would be ideal because they are virtually all open space.
Bob

The owner of the land on which I park has a Conyer that lives outdoors in its cage. It has a heat rock, and San Diego does not get very cold, but it is fairly exposed to the elements.

Me and the bird do not get along, due to continuous annoying screeching.

Latest posts