Pahrump NV need recommendation for solar/fan work and black tank install

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceci

Reaction score
I'm in pahrump and plan to be here for a month to complete my domicile. I have reserved a s&b starting the 27th for a month and was planning on getting my solar panels wired and working, same for my non-working fan. I bought a used Promaster and for some reason all the wires have been cut close to the ceiling. No explanation from the dealer but it wasa good price, low miles and mostly insulated. N someone recommend a person or place that can do this? I thought there would be more options here but there's only 2 places kntown and one has bad yelp reviews and a resident also warned me against the other place. If anyone knows of a place/person I would appreciate it. At this point I'm thinking I chose wrong and should maybe drive to another city but want to avoid Vegas. I also want a black tank installed but that can wait though if I can find someone here I'll get it done right away. If you feel this isn't the right town to get that work done please let me know. I'd rather forfeit my deposit on the s&b and drive elsewhere rather than hang around here without getting my van in order. The domicile is important but not priority and I'd like to meet the caravans in about a month but not without my solar panels working.

How about running down to the van build and maybe returning afterwards.

I considered that and am on their list but I have no idea what I need or what is broken. Also Im not crazyf about being filmed and I understand that's a big part of that.

They will honor your wishes to not be on camera. Jamie is a good guy.

They will let you know what you need. You may want to get the black tank taken care of in the meantime.

Usually at the big parks in winter in places like Havasue on the island have people that make their living doing RV repairs after doing seasonal jobs else where. They should be showing up about now. You could just stop in and ask around.

B and C said:
They will honor your wishes to not be on camera.  Jamie is a good guy.

They will let you know what you need.  You may want to get the black tank taken care of in the meantime.

Thanks for that info, I wasn't sure. I have left Pahrump so no longer need a recommendation. Will stop by the place in Flagstaff that Bob recommended and they said they can take a look at my van and sell me what I need. Bob is right, they're very helpful and said they would even make a diagram for me on how to install everything. They even told me where to get a black tank/toilet installed near them. Im feeling very positive now which is a nice change from the past week. Thanks for all the input everyone  :)

bullfrog said:
Usually at the big parks in winter in places like Havasue on the island have people that make their living doing RV repairs after doing seasonal jobs else where.  They should be showing up about now.  You could just stop in and ask around.

Thanks, going to Flagstaff in the morning to buy what I need and hopefully make it to the van build. I spent one night at Havasu in the State Park on the water a couple weeks ago and then spent the next week still smashing the green mosquitos that filled my van in a matter of seconds as the sun set. Never seen anything like it and I used to live in an Asian rainforest.  I'll take tarantulas over mosquitos anyday.