Our friend, Wayne Wirs, has moved on from this life

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading his pre-suicide letter, I was really left thinking that his three triggers for when he would check out seemed rather devoid of any willingness to adapt or overcome. I would tend to agree with his own assessment that they border on Prima Donna'ish...certainly lacking much patience for adversity.

I feel like his letter invites discussion though. As I grow older, I certainly find myself thinking about what my triggers might be and how that would play out. One decision I feel confident in making is that my trigger threshold will change once my parents depart...I would choose some level of suffering over putting them through the loss of a child. It's indeed possible that this is the primary reason I'm still here today, as there's been times when checking out early seemed both easy and acceptable. But I couldn't bring myself to be that selfish, and feel fortunate about that now.

Dang.

I went back and reviewed the video he and Bob made about him and the van he lived in.

You just never know.

One of the things about his exit strategy I do appreciate is the feeling that I also have:

How many weeks, months, or years of suffering would I want to endure, and how could I, in good conscious, inflict the burden of months or years of caring for me, on a loved one, not to mention the financial burden.

So...

R.I.P. Wayne.

Well there's certainly something to be said for going out on your own terms. My condolences to his friends and family.

May he rest in peace

I clicked on the 'About Me' in the member profile you provided, Cyndi. It shows that as far back as 2009, Wayne saw suicide as an option if his money ran out. I have always felt that if I was diagnosed with a fatal disease, for instance, I would likewise choose my own time and method of death. As a subscriber to Wayne's blog, I did not see the notice of his last post until after I read Laurie Jean's notice on Facebook. It is quite a shock to find someone's suicide letter in our inbox.

A lot to think about in all of this, so here are a few of my random thoughts. At the age of 28 while in surgery, I was pronounced dead for long enough that they notified my mother out in the waiting room. Turns out the "news of my demise was greatly exaggerated" but the experience left me with no fear of death. I do still fear things like being on life support, so I have a Living Will and a DNR.

I've been contacted by his brother and Waynes van is for sale.

Ther are asking $15,000. You'll have to watch the video for details about it:

My first thought is that is an incredibly good deal and someone should grab it up!!

Waynes, brothers Jeff's email:
[email protected]

I believe the van is in Wyoming

Bob,

The link to the van  is not active. (perhaps it sold already?)

I never knew him but am very sorry to hear about his choice.
From his picture, it looks like he had a lot of years left to live.

I hope one of his friends buys Serenity.

Couldn't tell from Wayne's posts if he ever applied ice to his sciatic nerve.
Doctors rarely ever tell clients about the benefits of hydrotherapy (the application of heat and cold).
That would have been way more effective than drugs or shots.
If he had iced and rested from driving for a week or so, he might have felt much better.

Yes, he said not to be sad about his passing but human emotion is not a bad thing and sadness is the natural response.
Fare thee well, Wayne ...

Texas Woman

I fixed the You Tube link on Bob's post last night. Re-load your browser so that the bad link gets replaced by the good one.

RIP Wayne. You are missed.

Vanna White said:
Wayne Wirs message to the rest of us:

http://waynewirs.com/2017/see-you-soon/

[font=inherit, serif]Wayne, or better said The One without a Second,
Thanks for Your Appearence in the form of Wayne, as a fine and good man and patriot, as well as a Spiritual Realized Person, no doubt about this!
I thought that suicide was impossible for Enlightened Persons, but when I found out that also Nathan Gill from England, a renouvned nondualist tok his life because of pain in his body, and now you Wayne, it makes sense and give a good reason for your actions, which in fact I strongly believe that where not “yours” but the Real Author was the One and Only who got tired to play the role of Wayne, and just decided to Wake Up to His Real Nature!
This is my understanding about Life and Death that cured me from a fear of Death from an early age of 5 years old, and the nonduality philospohy is so good in explaining it, so that it takes your fear away, make it reseamble a awakening in the morning from a night sleep, when You dreamt to be Wayne Wirs.
We the fellow dreamers from the God’s Dream, had the chance to come in contact with one of His appearances, and as appearences we miss our buddy, Wayne; But we must not forget what The One through Wayne teaches us, that We Are One and Only Love and Everything is a manifestation of Love, and Wayne was such a nobile soul, and a talented artist and a true spiritual Director, and we, as appearences we give him credit and miss his Presence.
But, If we want to Live in the Spirit of what Wayne teaches, than we must be greatful for his moments on this Earth when he gave us Wisdom and Beauty and Truth.
All of you who are missing Wayne, be Bold and Live into his Spiritual Teachings and may the One Enlighten your Path to Truth and Peace!
I could writte much more to Remaind all of who are missing Wayne to Live his Teachings and Honor his Legacy of Bravery and Light.
Returning to the past, once I asked Wayne why he is not settling down somewhere where people can come and meet him, but he joked that he might be mental sick, and can’t settle in a place. I was harsly criticized by some readers of his blog by not accepting his way of life, but today I understand that he might had a complex PTSD after his service, and this might have been cured, if he wanted to. I could have helped him, but we were not too well aquinted and also far away from each other, on different continents….
In the end, I stroongly belive that this was the Way it was Destined by the One who is playing all the rolles of all of us, including that of Wayne.
Wayne discovered that He was God and he was Brave enought to writte a book with the same title (as far as it could) and we must not forget this and be willing to Live his Realizations.
For His Memory, I wish that all of us who felt some value in his writtings and in real life, we must Remeber Him as an Realized Person, Lastly Free to be Master on his Destiny, as He Was in Reality, As God Himself!
Only Love and Appreciation!
Sat Nam![/font]

I came upon this thread a couple times without knowing who this man was. It kept calling to my mind for some reason. I read further and further and further. I'm now very interested in the writing he has done. I personally understand much what pain, transcendence of consciousness and war can do to people. I also had an experience which could have killed me (outside the military) which left me with no fear of death. I still have a healthy fear of violence and violent ends... I have had a number of friends commit suicide but none as peacefully or conscientiously as this man. It is challenging for those who loved him - I am sure. I think of all of you. I hope to read much of this mans work in days to come. I am grateful to those of you who knew him for the impact he has had - and does still have. We always live on through each other.

I did not know this gentlemen, life is way to valuable to just throw it away. I guess we are all different in our views, wish him happiness and.a good journey in the next life,

If you or someone you know feel they may be in peril, please reach out to someone. No judgement...Don't give up. :heart:

I'm not much of one for people claiming their own enlightenment, at least partially because I've seen it too many times by -- and most especially from! -- people who were very far from enlightenment, indeed certainly not at all grounded and either probably or certainly mentally ill, including family members who have been in and out of mental hospitals and have led lives devastated by drugs, delusions and mental disabilities ...

... but I did enjoy and appreciate the link to this fellow, who I don't know and have never heard of, being new to this forum myself, and his website. I haven't the slightest desire to read his books, partly as a percentage play and partly because of my own experience in meditation and philosophy, but I will explore his links, and seeing the devotion his friends have for him is uplifting in itself, as is his calm acceptance of his choice.

As a caretaker, I have seen a number of people work their way toward death. The attitude Wayne had toward the end of his journey, the way he communicated himself to the world and large and his friends, was admirable. I hope I do that well one day.

Latest posts