Oregon Coast Get Together on the Oregon Coast July 24 2018

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I'm missing y'alls too!

Working at Barkerville is great but I'ma missing my friends!

See you all in a couple of months!

Seminole Wind said:
here is link for google map directions from tillamook to the campground

https://tinyurl.com/ydgq8r5k

name of the road to look for it "airport rd" also can turn on "matlock"

road is about 3 miles south of town. it is also about 1/4 mile north of the highway 101 rest stop

Thanks for the directions, but it looks like I'm not going to make it this year.   :( 

I've been goofing off long enough.  Time to get back to work.

I'm glad to hear everyone's having a good time...  Hopefully I can make it next year.

cant make it,mom is having throat surgery and i got tagged with taking care of her so i get to wallow in 90 degree heat instead of kickin it at the coast in the 70's

I dashed off early this morning to get some dental work done. A temporary crown fell off over the weekend. Since the temperature in the valley is expected to be in the 90s I hope to be back by tonight or tomorrow.

HEY NOW ! just want to thank everyone that came to the GTG in Tillammok Oregon , a good time was had by all that were there , nice an cool weather while the rest of the country burn up with heat an fires ! we even work out a group rate for camping from fifteen dollars to five dollars a night ! even had campfire , and everywhere else it was a big time no no ! hope everyone will be back next year ! especially Tony an Karen , who were back east , you were miss ! Gary Green

Sorry I missed it. I miss you all. Old friends and I am sure there would be new friends as well. Since I wasn't there I am enjoying vicariously through this thread. 

Myself, I am enjoying my summer in the smoke free northern Rockies.

I am so happy I was able to come out and meet with friends and meet new ones. Thank you everyone for the tips, info and just being there. I'll cherish every moment forever!
Here are images I've taking of our group and our adventures together. <3 you all!!!

When I first got there, Far away this looked like a small duck. It was grass that had been cut.

Attachments

• Grass Duck1.jpg
    Grass Duck1.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 6
My favorite pets of all time!!!

Tony ~ Hes a cutie pie & loves to give kisses
Izzy ~ Loves food & really wanted the watermelon!!!
Pickle and I ~ She so sweet... <3
Big lap dog.
Bex & Tony

Attachments

• Tony.jpg
    Tony.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Izzy2.jpg
    Izzy2.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Izzy.jpg
    Izzy.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Big Lap Dog.jpg
    Big Lap Dog.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Bex & Tony.jpg
    Bex & Tony.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Pickle and I.jpg
    Pickle and I.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 6
I walked away to take a group photo and I look up and Bob was there. I was so excited, tears came to my eyes, Over 4 years, I have learned a lot from his blog, videos and his personal responses to my questions I've asked him on this forum. He helped me get this far... I was honored... I wanted to give him a big hug and say thank you, but i was shy and didn't want to overwhelm him. Thank You Bob!!! :-}

Jane was blowing bubbles. The dogs loved it, chasing and trying to get them...

It was wonderful to be with all of you. It was a treat being with Jerry on this Birthday!!! <3 <3 <3
Someones couldn't wait... I gotcha your fingers in the shot!!! :D

Attachments

• IMG_20180723_193927457.jpg
    IMG_20180723_193927457.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20180725_144948933.jpg
    IMG_20180725_144948933.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Jerry's Birthday.jpg
    Jerry's Birthday.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Jerry's B~Day Cake.jpg
    Jerry's B~Day Cake.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20180723_192441020.jpg
    IMG_20180723_192441020.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 19
A few of us made copper wire wrapped pendants made from thin slice rocks. Mine is the yellow. If you hold it up to the light is looks like mountains. First time to make one. We all had a blast!!!
Thank You Cheri!!! <3 <3 <3

Attachments

• GTG Jewlery Making.jpg
    GTG Jewlery Making.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Wire Rock Pendant.jpg
    Wire Rock Pendant.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 1
A few of us went to yard sales and thrift stores around Tillamook area looking for some good finds. I saw this. I would so live in this... Its little and cute :-}

Attachments

• IMG_20180728_134347553.jpg
    IMG_20180728_134347553.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 3
Along with Gary, I personally would like to thank everyone who attended the Tillamook Gathering this summer. So many of you have become our dear friends and Jerry and I appreciate each and every one of you.
And four chocolate cakes in four days was pretty special!

Nelda