Open box Goal Zero 1000

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travelmonkey

Reaction score
http://www.goalzero.com/p/518/goal-zero-yeti-1000-lithium-portable-power-station-open-box

$844.97

This seems like a great price and a good way to go if you are inexperienced with solar and electricity.  This is an all in one box that includes a 100AH Lithium battery, inverter, and solar controller.  Just add a solar panel or 2 with Anderson style connectors and you're good to go. 

I have no connection to Goal Zero; I just think this is a pretty good solution for some.

Still too pricey for me, would be great if they sold it for 30% off without all the electronics which I don't need.

Note that 1045Wh is actually 75AH, equivalent to around 125AH for a lead battery with only 50% usable.

Anyone know if they provide direct access to the batts for fast charging? if so should be able to fully recharge in an hour.

John61CT said:
Anyone know if they provide direct access to the batts for fast charging? if so should be able to fully recharge in an hour.

To charge, you can plug into AC.  I believe you can charge via your car's DC connection (older models allowed this) but it would take forever.  For solar (built in MPPT controller), you can use their proprietary port or the powerpole port.  I don't think you can access the battery directly to charge with an external charger without opening up the box.

Costco sells these for $1000.  Still a good deal.