One of those Days

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was no noise other than the tic-tic-tic before the warning light came on again and the gauges were heading to the red. I never raised the hood, there was nothing I could do other than get irritated.

Called my mechanic about an hour ago and they had just started on my truck. No return call yet. Adding in the tow fee from my apartment to the shop and all the things that could go wrong and I may be living in my trailer sooner than I thought.

The Eagle flew last night so at least I can pay for it.

May have to use the Polaris for a late night run to the store. That ticket would be interesting.

Rob

Gunny said:
There was no noise other than the tic-tic-tic before the warning light came on again and the gauges were heading to the red. 
By gauges heading towards red, did you mean temp gauge? If that was the case, and assuming the belt was installed correctly, I would be looking closely at the water pump. A marginal water pump going bad might have caused the belt failure both times. The tic-tic-tic sound may have been cords coming lose from the belt just before failure, but to be safe, I hope they check for interference as well as any pulleys that might be locked up.
Let us know how your late night ATV adventure goes. I hope you don't get ticketed for that.

Gunny said:
May have to use the Polaris for a late night run to the store. That ticket would be interesting.

Rob

:) Maybe you could use a riding lawn mower like George Jones?  You can always say U R riding home from a job that ran late :angel:

Be Well

Jewellan & Q

Gunny you NEVER tell a mechanic " No Hurry".  They ain't gonna hurry in the first place.

It's finished, I've got a neighbor taking me to pick it up. At least with this shop I know it gets fixed right.

Rob