One additional thing I forgot!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisahi

Reaction score
Hi All:  I forgot to mention in my previous post for guidance:  I'd like your opinions on a Sportsman pop-top camper.  Mainly I'm concerned about heating it in colder weather.  I won't be in sub-zero temps, or anything close to that, but low 50's in the mornings or occasional daytimes.  Has anyone used something like perhaps a reflectix insulating wall on something like the canvas pop top?  I wouldn't mind setting extra insulation up when I had reached my destination and was going to stay there for a few days.  

Seems like it would fit the bill for ground clearance, stand up height, etc.  Thoughts and comments please!  Thanks:  Lisa

Correction:  it's a Sportmobile, (class b) pop up camper

There are different forms of heat transfer. Reflectics is good for reflecting radiant heat. Other types of insulation are better at convection and conduction. If you would sew some quilt fabric material to the reflectix it would help. Something from a second hand store would work.

A hard insulation would be more difficult to store when you didn't need it.

DannyB1954 said:
There are different forms of heat transfer. Reflectics is good for reflecting radiant heat. Other types of insulation are better at convection and conduction. If you would sew some quilt fabric material to the reflectix it would help. Something from a second hand store would work.

A hard insulation would be more difficult to store when you didn't need it.

Thank you DannyB1954.  Yes, storage is always an issue, and I do appreciate your input about sewing some additional insulating material to the reflectix.  Good idea!!

for awhile there was a pop-up tent trailer company that used insulated material for their soft walls. the outer layer was your typical waterproof canvas, then a layer of thinsolite type material, then a layer of a velour or moleskin type fuzzy material. from what I heard this greatly improved the soft sides. I don't know why this didn't catch on seems like a no brainer to me. highdesertranger