On the Road Again

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travelinjoan

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.  So glad to be a part of this group.  I am planing to get on the road this spring.  Will be part time to start.  I did some van traveling some years ago as well as tent camping and enjoyed that so much.  It has been my dream to travel the country when I retired.   Well that time has come.  

I look forward to meeting up with the tribe and making new friends.  

Peace to all from travelinjoan

Hello travelinjoan. Retirement is such an exciting time. Perhaps our paths will cross one day.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome! Retirement is the best! I've been retired about a year and loving it. If I can find good renters for my house I'm going full time in February. (It was supposed to be January but you what they say about the best laid plans). :D  

With any luck we'll bump into each other on the road. (Not literally, of course, that would be bad)

Dream True said:
Welcome! Retirement is the best! I've been retired about a year and loving it. If I can find good renters for my house I'm going full time in February. (It was supposed to be January but you what they say about the best laid plans). :D  

With any luck we'll bump into each other on the road. (Not literally, of course, that would be bad)

Hi Dream True.  Thanks for the welcome.   I am in the process of finding a van.  Been looking at Ford transits.  like the medium roof ones you can stand up in.  I live in a condo so there are restrictions as to what size vehicle I can park here.  I may have to park it on the street.  Also been looking at Dodge Promaster.  

I will be starting out part time.  Will see how it goes.  May go full time in the future.   I live in Florida so winters are o.k.  Wouild like to travel from May to October - November.  Stay in touch.  Hope to meet you in person sometme.

bigsallysmom said:
Hello travelinjoan.  Retirement is such an exciting time.  Perhaps our paths will cross one day.

Thank you for the welcome.  Cant wait to get on the road.  still looking for the right van.  hope to start out part time in May.  Wanted to get the RTR but unfortunately I a not ready yet.  

Stay in touch.  Would love to hear about your adventures

I live in Florida.  Will do some local camping first to get a handle on equipment etc.

rayrey said:
Welcome to the CRVL forums!  To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks for the Welcome.  I will check out the tips and tricks.  This is all new to me.  I have never signed up for a forum before.  Can use all the help I can get.