Official DATES for RTR 2018: Rules and Maps

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The music camp will be the road to the north of the main area. When you turn in, stay to the right.

See attached map

Attachments

• RTR-Street-Colors.JPG
    RTR-Street-Colors.JPG
    263.7 KB · Views: 147
My first RTR as well. 62. Solo. Female. Nervous.
 Let's plan on meeting up!

Well, I made it! I think I did anyway.  I might have been a bit premature turning into my camp though.  My odometer said 1.4 miles when the dirt road started, but I see folks up at the next turn.  Figure I'll wait for the signs to go up tomorrow before I move given that I'm so early ::) Blue passenger van, white top, 400watts solar on top.  See you all soon.

T

I think i saw you just before dark! I have the older class C by the campers ? I'm not sure im in the exact spot. Will look for signs tomorrow also

RV-Hopeful said:
I'm nervous too! But I'm doing it.

I'm double nervous! I had my first solo night last night. I cant wait too see everyone. U can do it :D

Do those if us with generators need to park in the noise area? I was planning to park my class A basically behind where the scooliea were last year. I don't make noise late, and don't want to be around the noise. I'll park as much to the edge as I need to.

Please Read  and Follow The Rules.  

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Noise Warning:[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I go to the desert for the silence and quiet, and I may want to listen to my choice of music. I do NOT go to the desert to listen to your choice of music or generator!! If you need to listen to music or run your generator, your neighbors around you should not have to listen to it. If they do, we ask that you park further out from camp where you won't bother others. It's a BIG desert, you can still be within easy walking distance but where no one else can hear you. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I do intend to have a designated NOISE CAMPING AREA for those who need to generate noise.[/font]

I may go out further in the other direction as I don't want to hear the music when I decide to go to bed. I think the blue line was where the schoolies and Class A's were last year. It was pretty far from the center of things.

shadowmoss said:
I may go out further in the other direction as I don't want to hear the music when I decide to go to bed.  I think the blue line was where the schoolies and Class A's were last year.  It was pretty far from the center of things.

I think the blue line areas are for folks who won't be making music or using generators AT ALL.  Us folks who need to run a generator (even a little bit) should respect the rules and stick to the designated area (black circle on the map).  Or I suppose we could move further out at night even beyond the map that is shown.  :)

I'm guessing some folks who haven't been to RTR Quartzsite are thinking these separated camp areas are miles apart, they are not... You can walk or bike all over the place out there from camp area to camp area or even to other club events in just a few minutes. You won't be isolated or separated from the RTR group tribe unless you move way outside Bob's map area...

There are people

climbers of mountains
surfers of oceans
nomads of deserts

who have eyes and smiles that sparkle
and defy the tarnish of time

It is good to meet you

RTR 2018

I honestly figured the music camp was gonna be a bit crowded and noisy, even before the start dates, as the main area is filling up like crazy, so we moved.
But so far it’s quite peaceful and people are spread out.

akrvbob said:
This is the OFFICIAL announcement of the dates of the RTR 2018, they are:

January 11-21, 2018

All human beings are welcome as are all types of rigs!!

I could have sworn I saw a map that pinpointed the location of the permit office and now I can't find it on any maps. I don't think I hallucinated it but anything is possible.

Could someone please remind me when the office is? My first time in Quartzite and at the RTR.

It’s on the way in past the dog leg around the rv park, after the paved road gets rough and straightens, off to the right there will be a pretty noticeable flag at the host location so just hang a right into that area if you're heading in from Quartzsite. When you pull in there will be a brown sign stating if the host is on or off duty. If you've come to the end of the paved road and are ready to pull a right to the RTR location you've gone too far. In that case drive back down the paved road and look to your left for the flag/host area again.

Here are the coordinates: [font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]33.665759, -114.187350[/font][/font]

GENERATORS: I hear generators in the main camp. Is it okay or not? I have friends coming that need to run their gen, so maybe they don't have to camp in the noisy camp? Or are generator people going to be asked to move? What's the deal?
Thanks!

Confetti said:
GENERATORS: I hear generators in the main camp. Is it okay or not? I have friends coming that need to run their gen, so maybe they don't have to camp in the noisy camp? Or are generator people going to be asked to move? What's the deal?
Thanks!

I would hope those in the main camp using generators would move without being asked.  Those without generators sure don't want to listen to someone else's.

I'm not the generator police.
Maybe the generator people just don't know.

To have people understand about generators, even those wonderful quieter inverter types. Last night I woke up around 4 AM and normally would have drifted off to sleep again in the absence of noise expected out here in the middle of no where. I did not because a RV'r a good five minute walk away ran their Honda 2000 inverter generator all night. Even inside my trailer with the windows closed I could hear the Brrrrrrrrrr of the generator.

Quieter is not quiet. Please be kind to those that want the silence.