Not quite there yet but on my way

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiotingWoman

Reaction score
I'm currently living in a sticks-and-bricks in Pahrump, NV. I have a 1998 Ford E150 conversion van which is ready to go (except for the rearranging I keep doing . . . ). I'm hoping to be on the road by January. A little nervous about such a huge change in lifestyle but mostly excited to start my journey with my two cats. I've only been out once so far, last spring to Lovell Canyon with Suanne's women's group, which was great. Can't wait for more adventures!

Welcome to the forum. Are you stripping out that conversion van and insulating and such? I’m in a 98 dodge conversion van and the only insulation has done is a 1 inch Styrofoam covered in cloth covering the three big windows. There’s not a lot of insulation in the conversion van but there’s enough of dead air space between the van and the material they put in for the conversion. I took out the carpeting and put down plywood with a vinyl floor over it, I took out all the seats but the drivers and build cabinets. So far so good. I hope you enjoy the ride.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Go back out to Lovell Canyon on October 6th, That is when the Women's caravan will begin gathering together for the season. You could camp with them for a week thru the 13th before they move on to the next destinarion. That way you will know some of the wonen when you head out full time in January. A mini adveIt is getting cold at night now. nture even if you only go for the weekend. Nice little shakedown trip to make sure you are all setup for January. I might be there too if I get restless at my Grand Canyon campsite. It is getting pretty cold at night this week.

Nature lover is right to ask.  If you are going out in January, it would behoove you to have good insulation.  Metal boxes just bleed away heat if you let them.

Oh yeah welcome to the forum.