Northern Lights

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I'll give that a go from up here in Montana. Usually you'd have to have 6 layers of insulation on to see them.

I thought you were talking about the 80's man!    :cool:

*sigh* If I wasn't broke at the moment I would grab my tent and head up to the UP for the show! Oh well, maybe I'll be able to see them here :)

Hoping to see some of it here in NE Wyoming...we'll just be on the southern edge of the viewing

Some day...Right now I just do paintings of them from videos. :cool:

Weather forecast suggests it's going to be cloudy and rainy where I am on Sunday night.

Sigh!  Story of my life . . . :(

I thought HOORAY! FINALLY! And then I looked at the map and WA and OR seem to be outside the viewing area. RATS! But I guess I'll still go out and look, just in case they're wrong.

I am stuck in Fairbanks until at least Monday afternoon. Looks like it is going to be cloudy here ?  Maybe sometime in my lifetime. Not much of it left though.

I remember the first time I saw them. I was up at Lake Superior State in the Soo. I had no idea what they were nor did my fellow "trolls" I was rooming with. Luckily as we were outside wondering WTF was happening to cause really bright curtains of green light in the sky, a yooper classmate was able to explain it to us. They really are beautiful and in the late fall up there, the skies are often really clear. It is fun to get all bundled up and sit on a frozen Lake Superior beach watching the show and sharing a thermos of hot chocolate. 

I hope I get to see them again tonight. I took a disco nap so I can stay up late.

Latest posts