Northeast Newcomer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sparrow said:

First welcome and no you never want to take for granted this group I went to the RTR and they are a good group these people walk their walk. A lot of big hearted people sure you have some that are short but that often is just the medication talking or maybe their sugar is off. I know I am not a happy camper all the time. We all get crossthreaded a little here and there. My personal experience for the RTR was people were respectful that is the most important thing they respected the fact that that land was to be left flawless and as far as I know it was. I know I did not leave anything there. 

It would be nice to have something located NE something in FL another in central USA maybe MO or AR.  For me a good place to have is near a good home depot or Lowes , a number of planet fitness , 24 H fitness , etc you know near all the gyms.  Near Sams club. What do I call near? 30 miles. Why do I like Sams so much because I can go there for $ 5 chickens fully cooked just store it in a bag and put it on ice you are good for a few days. That is the base meal you cook other thing s like box slop and sandwiches or macncheese. Things is it is an incredible blessing to have somebody like Bob Wells step up and put it out there to say he is responsible for this group that is a huge thing. A lot is on the line here and for it to happen and in the end he leaves that site with his reputation and an agreement for another to occur that is just unbelievable in today's world. These are strangers meeting so many things can go wrong all I can say there must be a lot of prayers and good communication to insure that next years event will happen. 

Sure wish a report could be done how this group of people that have the police called on them for sleeping in a car are super responsible enough to pull this off again and again. That should be known if people only knew this they would invite the RTR attendees to be in their neighborhood because these are the kind of people you need in your neighborhood. Nobody sees anything today when there is a crime. Some of these guys in the vans have 4 point recording day and night 24 7 they record what is going on around their van. One day somebody like Nomadic Fanatic is going to record key evidence in a very serious crime that would not be solved if it weren't for the video evidence. 

I ramble on but I just put down what I think ? I have been contacted by a local here and I am hoping to meet him he has a sweet A frame is probably going for a larger rig. But he plans on traveling with his wife. I am not going to be able to do that my wife refuses to give up her job she loves her work. I don't blame her I loved my work too I was a trucker. WELCOME TO THE FORUM MAY YOUR DESIRE FOR FELLOWSHIP EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS.

Sparrow said:
"... is there anyone out here from the northern east coast? ..."

Hello, welcome Sparrow!

I think FLTeacherJon is from the northeast.

Hi Sparrow,

I'm not really a newcomer, but I haven't been too active on the forums for a bit.  But I am from upstate NY as well... In the Adirondacks actually.  I've been semi-van dwelling since February or so... and will be headed out on the road soon.

Just saying hi, and welcome.  Good to see other Upstater's on here!

Todd.

"Don't Panic!", And always remember your towel...

I'm not in the NE, but it is on my list to do. One trick I've found that is relevant is to plan your travels so that you move around by having a spot outside of a town, go in for a day, and then have another on the other side in the general direction you are moving.

FWIW, they do have (cooler) mountains in the SW.

GEAUX- PRIUS Cowboy said:
First welcome and no you never want to take for granted this group I went to the RTR and they are a good group these people walk their walk. A lot of big hearted people sure you have some that are short but that often is just the medication talking or maybe their sugar is off. I know I am not a happy camper all the time. We all get crossthreaded a little here and there. My personal experience for the RTR was people were respectful that is the most important thing they respected the fact that that land was to be left flawless and as far as I know it was. I know I did not leave anything there. 

It would be nice to have something located NE something in FL another in central USA maybe MO or AR.  For me a good place to have is near a good home depot or Lowes , a number of planet fitness , 24 H fitness , etc you know near all the gyms.  Near Sams club. What do I call near? 30 miles. Why do I like Sams so much because I can go there for $ 5 chickens fully cooked just store it in a bag and put it on ice you are good for a few days. That is the base meal you cook other thing s like box slop and sandwiches or macncheese. Things is it is an incredible blessing to have somebody like Bob Wells step up and put it out there to say he is responsible for this group that is a huge thing. A lot is on the line here and for it to happen and in the end he leaves that site with his reputation and an agreement for another to occur that is just unbelievable in today's world. These are strangers meeting so many things can go wrong all I can say there must be a lot of prayers and good communication to insure that next years event will happen. 

Sure wish a report could be done how this group of people that have the police called on them for sleeping in a car are super responsible enough to pull this off again and again. That should be known if people only knew this they would invite the RTR attendees to be in their neighborhood because these are the kind of people you need in your neighborhood. Nobody sees anything today when there is a crime. Some of these guys in the vans have 4 point recording day and night 24 7 they record what is going on around their van. One day somebody like Nomadic Fanatic is going to record key evidence in a very serious crime that would not be solved if it weren't for the video evidence. 

I ramble on but I just put down what I think ? I have been contacted by a local here and I am hoping to meet him he has a sweet A frame is probably going for a larger rig. But he plans on traveling with his wife. I am not going to be able to do that my wife refuses to give up her job she loves her work. I don't blame her I loved my work too I was a trucker. WELCOME TO THE FORUM MAY YOUR DESIRE FOR FELLOWSHIP EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS.

Thank you for welcoming me to the forums!

Gardenias said:
Hello, welcome Sparrow!

I think FLTeacherJon is from the northeast.

Oh ok hopefully I will bump into him on the forums soon. Thanks for the welcome note!

rtb111 said:
Hi Sparrow,

I'm not really a newcomer, but I haven't been too active on the forums for a bit.  But I am from upstate NY as well... In the Adirondacks actually.  I've been semi-van dwelling since February or so... and will be headed out on the road soon.

Just saying hi, and welcome.  Good to see other Upstater's on here!

Todd.

"Don't Panic!", And always remember your towel...

Hi Todd! Thank you for the the note. Glad to see there are others in this neck of the woods. How is your van dwelling going so far? Someone posted that there was a mini RTR somewhere in the NE. Did you go? Wished I had known. I haven't gotten all my ducks in a row yet with my Van but working on it. Hope to get out to do some boondocking / steatlh camping soon. Any suggestions for the upstate / vermont area? 

Is the ""Don't Panic!", And always remember your towel..." from the hitchhikers guide?? LOL....one of my favorite books....been a long while I need to read it agian!!

highdesertranger said:
Welcome Sparrow to the CRVL forums!  To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.  highdesertranger

Hi Sparrow. Jamie here from NH. Also new, building my van now for travel. Welcome there are quite a few nice people here on the forums.

rvpopeye said:
I'm on the south coast of Maine. :cool:
There was a GTG (mini RTR) over in New York ,,,,,,(this spring?)

Hi rvpopeye!
I never knew there was a mini RTR in New York! That's by me. Is there going to be another one?

Sparrow said:

Greetings Sparrow! I am new to site as well and live in the North East. I will be happy to hear how your van build progresses! If they do have another mini RTR in NY, I would love to go!

Latest posts