Hello from Ohio

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beth.IcanFly

Reaction score
Hello new friends!

I'm prepping my small SUV (Hyundai Sante Fe) for life on the road. I work from home but no longer want home to keep me in one spot.

Are there any groups/caravans in the midwest or east coast?

The caravans I know about that Bob Well's associated non profit HOWA (homes on wheels alliance) ,were involved in helping to setup and keep going are not active except during the months of November thru April. So far not enough people requesting them on the East Coast to get any established. In other words no one is stepping up to find good places to camp that meet the criteria of being free spaces large enough for 20 or so people. Those places have to be within a half day's drive of the previous camp site.

So if you want one then you likely will need to find others willing to do the work of finding suitable locations where you can hang out for at least 14 days or so that work as a chain of campsites for a whole season where the temperature is suitable for not being too hot or too cold.