No Parking behind Ballys on the Las Vegas Strip

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvwandering

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This has been a very popular place for RVers and van dwellers to park overnight because of the great location. It's a short walk to the Strip and no one ever seemed to care about people sleeping in their vehicles which is illegal according to the local laws.

We've been coming and going for about two weeks and noticed that barriers were being installed. We asked one of the construction workers about them and he told us that paid parking ticket machines were going in. Today we received a notice on our windshield alerting us that any RVs and trailers that were parked in the area would be towed on the 18th.

We talked to a couple of security guys and they did not know if RVs will be allowed in the lot once the construction is finished.

ah I see you two are high rollers in Vegas now. hope you are having a great time. highdesertranger

Seems like I read something a while back about Bally's/Paris/Flamingo going to all-valet parking as some sort of customer satisfaction move, but it sounded more like a money-making move badly wrapped in PR-speak. And I've heard rumblings that other hotels are considering doing away with free parking.

I'm going to Vegas in a couple weeks. I'll want to hang out near the strip. Anyone have advice on parking?

NYNY was my spot for a while in the "Oversize" area but MGM started charging and installed arms and machines, Tropicana was friendly for years but few years back security started knocking and tell you to leave and threaten to tow. I haven't been back to the strip since they started charge for parking. I'm not going to park at Circus Circus or Palace Station and take a bus, taxi or tram.

I go off strip sometime to Red Rock or New Orleans but I don't do Vegas much anymore, just ridiculous.

FALCON said:
I'm going to Vegas in a couple weeks. I'll want to hang out near the strip. Anyone have advice on parking?

It's going to be tough to find a spot near the strip. Since you're fairly stealthy you could try the parking lot in the rear of the Excalibur. We have parked there during the day but not overnight. One time we were told that we could stay for just a few hours if we didn't have a room. The parking lot at Circus Circus might be okay too.

The Gold Coast is about a mile off of the strip but when we drove past it today we saw tractor trailers, RVs, and small trucks in lot north of the parking garage. You might need to have a room to park there.

MGM properties went to paid parking last year, Caesars properties on the strip are in the process of switching now.

In the past I've stayed at Orleans. Rio has a big lot in back but I haven't tried that lot except when I'm there in June-July when it's packed with poker players.