NJ Van Camper

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BinDerSmokDat

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not new to camping but new to RV's and converting vans to campers.
I recently inherited my late step-fathers 2001 Ford E-150 plain old cargo van and will be converting it for camping use.
I'm not going to be dwelling in it long-term, but want to be able to use it as a tow vehicle for motorcycles and base of operations for up to a week at a time.

The ideas and builds I've seen on this forum seem to suit me best.
There is a very good range of ideas with a slant towards frugality and practicality that suit my style.
I chose this forum for that reason over all of the others.

Thanks in advance for all the great advice I've received form reading existing posts and expertise I know the community will offer in the future.

Very cool. Welcome to the community. I'm a newbie here and joined for the same reasons as you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi BinDerSmokDat and welcome. Best of luck on your build out!

Welcome! Yes, lots of good ideas come from here. I am a weekday van dweller and it has been a great option for me!

--jg

Weight said:
north or south

Exit 6 NJTP.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone!

One of the things I like here is how function is valued over aesthetics.

If I see one more "camper" pic with 300lbs of pine screwed to the roof of a van, I'll scream.
I call it "pinterest paneling."

My plan is to keep things light to retain as much mpg and towing capability as possible.

:) Exit locations. Got love NJ. I'm down here in the Pinelands.

Latest posts