Nifty Idea for a Bucket Potty

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put the foam on the bucket itself, and then put the bag on top. Keeps the foam from getting icky. Drilled holes in the side of the bucket were the edge of the foam meets the plastic, used zip ties to hold the foam on.

I'be been using one of these for the last 6 years. You have two choices for foam, pipe insulation or swimming noodles, I use pipe insulation but for the RTR one year I used a swimming noodle. This years RTR has one with pipe insulation; it cost me $1.50.

I also put the bag on the outside, the idea of my butt pooping on that foam time after time is much too gross for me to contemplate !!!!! Since I never remove the pipe insulation, I use duct tape to hold it on.

This is my bucket at the potty tent at the RTR and below it is the one from the link above.

rtr2-inside-potty.jpg

117bc7c7827d435d27c6b83b477301bd.jpg

Yeah, you're setting on foam so you don't feel the edge at all. On the one I've had for 6 years I put in two layers with the second one designed for a thicker pipe to go over the first, so it is exceptionally comfy.

But the single layer is just fine too. You aren't on them for very long!!! :)
Bob

I used a bucket toilet while camping for a few decades. Over that time I have weighed anywhere from 200 to 260 lbs and never did I feel like the bucket would crush. I have also never worried about using one as a step stool.

The step stool thing is a new purpose to me. Great idea.

Wouldn't it be great if they put a hazardous waste decal on the side of those buckets? :)

jimindenver said:
I used a bucket toilet while camping for a few decades. Over that time I have weighed anywhere from 200 to 260 lbs and never did I feel like the bucket would crush. I have also never worried about using one as a step stool.

Hmmm.....  add another hundred pounds plus.  Might be a different outcome.  :-/

Yeah, trying to lose some pounds........   

Worried about a bucket collapsing?
cut a couple inches or so off the top and an inch off the bottom of one and slide it over another- double thick walls will hold more than twice the weight....a dab of adhesive between them, tap firmly into place and they are forever together.