Newcomer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CODeb

Reaction score
Hi Everyone from CO Deb. I finally have a Transit Van to convert. Whow! Like many women on a fixed income I am ready to join other Van Dwellers for an adventure I've dreamt of for years.  Looking to connect with others that can help me get the basics installed; solar, kitchen and a bed so I can walk away from the City Life by the end of July.. I am able to do some myself. Anyone in the Denver area I'd love to chat, connect and share on this wonderful forum I now belong to. Thank You and Hello! Deb.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Deb! If you don't get everything built in time just get basics that you'll need to live- bed, storage, water containers, cooler, and a stove.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome, deb. "jimindenver" who posts regularly to this forum is the solar guru. Probably right down the street from you, :). Say hi to the Front Range for me, I used to live there.

Welcome Deb, look forward to hearing about your van transformation.

Thank you rvwandering. I'm starting with the floor and have a few questions. What is recommended for padding or insulation that will fill in the ridges before i cut and lay the plywood? Will 1/2 work or do I need 3/4 inch and where is the best place for the seams? I plan to have it cut at the hardware store and jigsaw myself. Im near Eau Claire, WI for a week or 2 then headed back to Colorado. If there are any other fine folks traveling that way love to meet up.

Solar is next. Does anyone know how to reach boondocker Jim in Colorado? Thank you. CODeb

Oh My. Didn't see all replies. Thanks to Qxxx, VetonWheels, TnTravel for your well wishes. Getting used to this online world too. Be safe and free.

CODeb said:
Thank you rvwandering.  I'm starting with the floor and have a few questions.  What is recommended for padding or insulation that will fill in the ridges before i cut and lay the plywood?  Will 1/2 work or do I need 3/4 inch and where is the best place for the seams? ....
Hello Deb! And welcome to the forum.

I put a layer of reflectix on the floor for cushioning and laid the plywood flooring on top of that. I placed the seam farthest from the cargo door, out of the walk area. Since my build is supported from the floor, I attached cleats or stubs to build up on in the areas I would be mounting things, like the bed, cabinet, bulkhead wall. 

Fraeter Sessions has an old build thread that is quite detailed and he had more of a budget for his build. He used a special matting to lay down over the floor ridges, and then put his flooring material on top of that.
-crofter

Latest posts