newcomer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campurrr

Reaction score
hi everyone, i haven't used a forum ever and i don't type well sooo this will be messy. i don't even know how a forum works. i am in minnesota working till the weather gets cold enough to stop construction work. i am getting sick which makes work more and more difficult. i dont know how i found bobs videos on youtube. i do not have medical insurance and have a few bills stacked up. i have started to prepare for declining health with dissability in mind. rv living will save me from being home less when i have to stop work.i have as of 4 days ago gotten a 16 ft trailer. now i need to remodle most of it. like take out the toilet,fridge.bath sink ect..  then there is solar to add.compost toilet. i have no skills in this and am going one thing at a time but need instruction cuz i dont want to not have enough power. i do have time and a place to work on the camper and enough weeks of work left to have money for items.i will be moving out of my apartment the end of this month to be able to use my money on the trailer and not rent. i plan to come to the rtr and stay till april some place south west to see how people live the rv life. i hope to be well enough to return to work for the summer season in minnesota and live in the rv to make enough money to go south next winter and stay. i did go to school only never could get spelling correct. so i am just going to write on here wrong spelling or not. people know what word i am using spelt wrong  i know cuz they  say you spelt[?] wrong. thats my nwecomer intro.

Welcome to the CRVL forums campurr! Does everything work in your trailer? If so you should consider leaving it as it is for now. Having a working water system and fridge will make your life a lot easier. You can always remove or change things if you find that it's inconvenient to have them or they don't work correctly.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

oh hi, wow you are quick. everything works in the camper but like i don,t need bath sink cuz is a double kitchen sink 4 ft away from bath and i will bet a solar fridge like so many people have and compost toilet i need to live in camper without hooking to power. it also is so small that i will gain 2 ft of space for sleeping by replacing the fridge. you are a moderator on this site yes. i am not knowing what that is. i know it means one who moderates  but not what your duties as such are. if you would explain how this site runns i perhaps can find a person or two that you know ahh like so i could have  or 2 people to ask ?? to about solar and stuff haa i,m on the youtube alot looking at bobs vodeos. ok i get going so fast to slow down      i am unable to pick a battery for solar cuz bob has gulf cart batteries and then there are marrien batteries and and i cant spell lithieum batteries so is it possable for me to converse with a member about this sort of subject  thank you for being interested.

Hi Campurr and welcome. Your spelling is fine. As for questions, take them one at a time and put them in the appropriate sub-forum. The moderators are here to ruin fun and make sure we don't pick on anyone...lol. I guess the also make sure forum rules are followed. Be respectful, no politics, no religion discussions, that kind of thing. Nothing to horrible, keeps the place feeling friendly. Hope everything goes smooth for ya! If you haven't yet, go post some questions in the appropriate sub-forum. Like solar and battery questions in the electrical or whatever its called sub-forum. Best of luck.

Hello campurrr and welcome
My wife and I are sorry to hear about your health and other problems and wish you the best. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this, but we'll see. Be very careful of who you trust with your healthcare not all Doctors have your best interest at heart. Here is a link that you might should read. https://medium.com/@drjasonfung/the...icine-how-your-doctor-was-bought-fe8c250d7a46
Oh you must be a cat lover , we are to.
casper

Welcome to the forum!

I agree with leaving working gear. The fridge runs on propane which you may want to use until you get solar and a 12v compressor fridge. I bag my toilet when I boondock. That lets me use the black tank for extra grey water yet still lets me use it as normal when I do have hook ups.

There are lots of here more than willing to help you out with solar, batteries and the like. I may do it differently than the next guy but that is the beauty of the site, so many options.

casper said:
Hello campurrr and welcome
My wife and I are sorry to hear about your health and other problems and wish you the best. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this, but we'll see. Be very careful of who you trust with your healthcare not all Doctors have your best interest at heart. Here is a link that you might should read. https://medium.com/@drjasonfung/the...icine-how-your-doctor-was-bought-fe8c250d7a46
Oh you must be a cat lover , we are to.
casper

hello asper and wife! i am pleased to have you send sugar my way. thank you. my health somewhat ok, my doctor has become my friend. hard to find a doctor who speaks with you not to you. i perhaps could do better with some sort of insurance but i don't understand it now days  big deductable.  i don't have much problems other than health. i think a dry area will improve my breathing. so soon as i can get straight on what panels and batteries to get and the work season stops in MN i will be at the rtr.so good to see people living so peacefully in the desert  yes i do enjoy a good cat. i don't have one now but soon.

jimindenver said:
Welcome to the forum!

I agree with leaving working gear. The fridge runs on propane which you may want to use until you get solar and a 12v compressor fridge. I bag my toilet when I boondock. That lets me use the black tank for extra grey water yet still lets me use it as normal when I do have hook ups.

There are lots of here more than willing to help you out with solar, batteries and the like. I may do it differently than the next guy but that is the beauty of the site, so many options.

hi  i am in my apartment for three weeks yet and ave a good place to take the trailer in november. i can live in a house and work on the rv in a garage. i would order the solar panels and batteries today if i knew what to get. i think i will get a 300 or 400 watt and i think 4 batteries. what kind of battery is my reason i don't have any. i plan to compost my toilet my self like the natures head. cheaper to do the same thing with a bucket. do you agree on that. i have watched many of bobs videos only to be confused with gulf cart batteries or ahh two others that are long words one starts m and the other with a p polly, molly something. oh or a gell batterie. i don.t care what i get as long as it works and i don't get over priced ones. then there is an inverter i think using 1500 purshine is best. a person on a video had 800lbs of batteries the 1500 inverter i think 300 wattsof panels and used normal toaster and coffee pot and such he had the compressor fridge you also mention but i don'know what kind of batteries. he did not say what his converter he used if any. holly man i need to cut this short. i may need more power than others because i may need air conditioning and or a dehumidifier you may feel free to tell me what you use and the power you have. i will be less stressed having an experienced boondockers direction in getting through this tangled web of solar choices. tks campurr. saw maw the wonder puppy on a video.

Hi campurr, the moderators are here to make sure everything keeps running smoothly. You're doing fine.

While the Newcomer's Corner is a great place to introduce yourself if you want to ask about solar, post in the Electrical: Batteries, Generators, Solar section - https://vanlivingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18 You'll get better answers if you ask about one or two things at a time and are specific with your questions. Don't be afraid to ask about things that you don't understand, It's confusing to most of us in the beginning.

Don't forget to read this "Tips & Tricks"

One of the great members of our tribe hosts a van building party in November. There, they work together to take care of each other with things like solar installs. It sounds like it won't work for you, but if you could get out there to Lake Havasu, AZ, you could get your solar installed easy! Here is the most current info I know about it:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1062538303863905/

akrvbob said:
One of the great members of our tribe hosts a van building party in November. There, they work together to take care of each other with things like solar installs. It sounds like it won't work for you, but if you could get out there to Lake Havasu, AZ, you could get your solar installed easy! Here is the most current info I know about it:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1062538303863905/

wow bob that is amazing  what fun it must be.  thank you for the info. CP

rvwandering said:
Welcome to the CRVL forums campurr! Does everything work in your trailer? If so you should consider leaving it as it is for now. Having a working water system and fridge will make your life a lot easier. You can always remove or change things if you find that it's inconvenient to have them or they don't work correctly.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.

hey admin guy, i am making a mess  posting!  if you can look at my postings on the solar and batteries forum   you will see the mess  i made.   can  you tell me how to  "just  stop  it'!      the mess is under   power from truck to trailer

Latest posts