Newcomer With a Renovation Video Series

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katammers

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've come over from the renovation forum of rvforum.net.

So I've been wanting to "live small" for a long time now and now that I'm out of the military I have the time to dedicate myself to a travel trailer renovation project. I'm also doing a YouTube web series documenting the project. 

So far I've gutted most of the accessories (curtains, cushions), the main seating area/dinette, and the top bunk. I've had some flooring issues that I've had to deal with and I'm also currently prepping the entire interior for repainting.  I traded my lime green Ford Fiesta for a Ford F150 to pull the thing. 

The future of the project involves re-doing the upholstery on the bench cushions, constructing a desk/dining table, renovating the bathroom (vanity, sink, redoing the tub, etc.) and adding storage and other things I need to live. My dad helps with the heavier physical-labor things and serves as adviser and general negative-Nancy. 

I've got a date with a camping spot in Vegas in April and then it's on to Los Angeles for a while. So it's a race to get this thing looking snazzy and roadworthy by April.

I'm happy to be a member of the forum and if you'd like to follow my renovation you can do so with the first episode here:

Welcome Katammers to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

sorry it took so long for giving you an official welcome, somehow I missed your thread. anyhoo welcome. many on this forum do not have the data to watch vids. if you could post a few pics here with a brief or long description that would be great. highdesertranger

Hi Tammy and welcome! I enjoyed your reno videos -- lots there in a short time and you've got style and humor to boot. I look forward to seeing your ideas take shape. Sassy

Hi Tammy,

First off, thank you for your service, there are a few service members on this forum.  Your videos are great, you're are good at video editing and think you'll gain a lot of subscribers because of it.  Nice having your Dad help you on it, you guys will remember the experience the rest of your lives.  Look forward to following your progress and adventures.