Newcomer here!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buce15

Reaction score
Hey guys, enjoying the forum so far. Came here for some electrical questions which I posted in the forum, and was directed to come introduce myself here. I'm Dave, I left Boston on Monday and I'm planning on being on the road for 3-6 months. Currently in Lansing, MI. I'm in a 2016 Honda Pilot, I built a bed and shelving system in the back and so far I'm enjoying the life. I'll post pictures if requested. I'm sure you'll be seeing more of me in the following weeks and months, look forward to meeting you all. Thanks!

Welcome to the CRVL forums Buce15! Thanks for the introduction! Hope you found the answers to your questions.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the CRVL Forum Dave   ;)

I think in time a lot more people will explore traveling as you are doing. Especially east of the Mississippi River where the infrastructure is so developed all one would need is a modified car/suv, or pickup truck with topper to provide a place to sleep and space for a few basics.  Most of the rest of their needs for living could be met external to their vehicle.  There are a lot of ways to approach being a Nomad but the way you and others are approaching this now is more flexible and less burdensome.

The $30 a month for a Gym membership where you can use any in the network will allow for cleaning up, recharging laptop & cell while using the WIFI or watching some TV.  Laundromats across the country are now listed online.  Various 
eating places abound offering healthy diets at affordable prices if one just looks for them.  Places like WalMart are often 24/7 so supplies are never far away.  Thus one today may not need to be so landed nor burdened with so many expenses of that way of life.  

Let me invite you to check out my websites below.......and give a look at the Bug-Out Car page in the Van Conversion website.  I created it thinking of the Gen Z's I see so many of vagabonding on the city streets and highways looking for a start in life while on foot. (which may have worked 100 years ago) 

All the best !