Newby

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjjjlj4

Reaction score
Hi! I have been watching alternative living for over a year now and have really watched my own perspectives change as wanting a class c to class b to a high top van. Soooo many questions. Loose my home of 18 yrs as of June 6th but this life change gave me opportunity to say- what's next- I can do whatever I want! Going to be 62, live with my sister for a year, drive school bus and save to buy a home on wheels.  My question is how would I use a c-paper machine if I did the empty van thing and start from scratch? Thanks so much. W. As the whole electrical, generator, battery thing is very confusing in spite of watching hundreds of hours of videos.

Welcome wjjjlj4 to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hi... wjjjlj4

if your asking how you go about outfitting a future van.... I have found the best way is to take lots of measurements
do some rough sketches, and maybe even build some cardboard templates to make sure everything is working as it should...

the electrical is still confusing for me.. also... but I keep plugging away and working on making an electrical plan on paper
and making sure I have it all laid out before starting

good luck and great adventures

jt

Welcome to the forum wjjjlj4!

I, too am a newbie. I find I'm learning new things here all the time.

Angie

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

:) Hello and Welcome!
    When I became a member almost 2 1/2 years ago one of the 1st things I did was start reading all the "conversions" listed on the top of the Forums Page.

There are so many types of vehicles and ways to convert them to our individual needs.  There are threads here of some low cost van builds.

Bob Wells YT channel has a lot of good info on it.  Some of the other You Tube folks I watch are Backroads Vanner, Luke Fugate, and Slim Potatohead.  The 1st 2 have van builds and Slim has a Aliner pop up TT like mine. He constantly does upgrades, even built a pop up shower under a dinette bench.  He also added a gable vent from Home Depot in his TT's door for better natural ventilation.  Another one I watch is Camper Van Kevin who has had several rigs and discusses his repairs and things in a way I can understand.  He travels with 3 Yorkies and keeps trolls and trash talk off his channel.

I'm a list maker so I make lists of what I'll keep and what I'll need when and if I'm able to be a full time Nomad.  When that happens I may not roam very far however if the neighbors get on my nerves I'll have the Pack and Go option that I can't do or deal with where I'm living right now.

I hope everything works out for you.

Jewellann