Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormywch

Reaction score
[img=58x58]https://vanlivingforum.com/images/default_avatar.png[/img]
Stormywch  

Threads: 0
Warning Level: 0%

Less than 1 minute ago
Hi! My name is Trish f. New to the forum. Been watching Bob’s videos for a couple years. 

I’ve been living in my 27 ft travel trailer here in Colorado for the past year and just found out the farm that i rent my pad from is listing their place for sale beginning April 1, 2021. I do not have a way of pulling my home at present, but I am looking at different options. 
I think i am posting this in the correct area, but correct me if i am wrong

:)

There are transport companies that charge around $2 a mile. I have rented a truck as well but check the rental company policy about towing. We have also had neighbors or friends with trucks move ours as well. We have sold and bought trailers and made the deal dependent on delivery and set up at our new location. Most RV lots have someone that is willing to pull a trailer for you or know of a service that does. Some regular tow services offer trailer towing but usually it is expensive. Make sure your or their insurance covers your trailer while in transport and check tires and axle bearings before moving it if it has been sitting a while. It is much easier and cheaper to check and deal with while setting on a lot than on the side of the road. It would help to know what type of hitch your trailer has and where in Colorado you are and where you want to go as someone here might be willing to do it.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

if you are renting month to month and don't voluntarily move, then either the old or new landlord has to evict you. Check with your local courts and sheriff's office to see if they are even processing evictions. If you have a lease, then the sale would be subject to your lease, i.e. you get to stay until the lease expires.

First I would like to thank you all for your ideas and information. I do not have a place to go yet. I have to find someplace to park for 4 months, while my nephew establishes an area in his back yard for me to park or i wait for government to send our SS checks, tax refunds, unemployment so i can buy a Class C, and not have to depend on others to move me around? And then move myself onto BLM land, find a group to travel with or whatever adventure is on the horizon.
I live 2 miles west of Berthoud, co, but i really don’t think this sitting in one place very long is for me. I will be 70 this year.
Anyway, thanks for ALL of your advise and feedback.