Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Burro Hermit

Reaction score
Hi all, Bill, the Burro Hermit, here, looking to find friends and tribe in the coming months before I hit the road next spring. I hope to attend the RTR,2020, though it might be just in my Kia Sportage 4x4, sans the Burro. I'm renovating it, but it may not be ready by Jan. I'm a former Marine and would love to meet up with other Marines and Service members and discuss things pertinent to us. I'm wondering if Bob has ever done videos on Service members, their particularities, problems, VA Hospitals and the like. If not, he should because I feel that the information he could gather would be immessurable. Hope to see you all at the RTR, I'll be in the silver Kia with a lot of stickers from around the east coast, particularly the Great Smoky Mountains National Parks, where I hosted for a month for four summers. If the Burro is done, it's battleship grey and I'll probably be flying US and Marine Corps flags out front. Hope you'll visit me. Be Safe, Be Happy.

Attachments

• Burro Rig.jpg
    Burro Rig.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3082.jpeg
    IMG_3082.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • 45906104_1961061203930972_1855000528375775232_n.jpg
    45906104_1961061203930972_1855000528375775232_n.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 4
Welcome and happy travels! Volunteering is a great way to start enjoying this life!

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

There are lots of veterans and marines around here, they'll hopefully pop in and introduce themselves. Hope you make it to the RTR

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the CRVL forums,  and thank you for your service   :thumbsup:

I can tell you that I've met a lot of vets who would be interested in meeting other Nomadic-Vets. Awhile back I did some volunteer time at my local VA Hospital driving for the DAV and shuttling Vets to their appointments and home again. It was a great time for all.  I was usually behind the wheel 11 hours of a 15 hour day.  Listened to stories swapped from every branch, jokers keeping our sides splitting with their stories,  and some stories all but too hard to bear.  But most of the guys envied my getting to drive the big Ford E 350 with the V 10 Triton engine as we sailed down the inter state all but lifting the asphalt off the earth behind us.   I always kept about a quarter mile in front and behind us clear of traffic for safety.  Guys started calling me Captain Kirk but no matter....I got them to their appointments on time. (so they wouldn't have to reschedule for another day)  I'd tell them about Cheap RV Living too and to check it out. 

Here is the Van the Guys began to call "The Ark". (full of wild party animals)  It was always a great time and party that so many missed of this kind of joy & brotherhood since leaving the service.  So yes, Vets together at the RTR would make a lot of sense.

The_Ark.jpg

Semper Paratus

Camp had its share of women vets last year. I think there was 4 of us. There are three women vets in camp now. Four when I get there.

Welcome to the forums! I think you will find many like minds once you begin moving with the other nomads.

Welcome, Husband is retired military and there certainly are issues for those who use the VA .

Latest posts