Newbie to this forum...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravelinEggPlant

Reaction score
Hello my fellow 'Van Dwellers'!  My name is Chris, live in South Denver Colorado with my two English bull terrorists and am very much looking forwards to communicating with everyone about my new journey as well as continuing my vicarious living thru and learning from reading about your life's journeys and experiences.  I currently live in an extended 1997 Ford E350 van and decided yesterday to invest in a 2004 Ford E450 diesel cutaway and build out a new home, yes I tend to dive overboard with out any plans or safeties... :D :D :D 

Soooo, I am seeking help and guidance for insuring my commercial vehicle and how to get it converted to an RV status.  After having started searching for answers last night of which most posts are from several to many years ago, can someone help direct me or give me guidance as to the necessary steps?

I greatly appreciate and am looking forwards to learning from everyone about everything!

Welcome to the CRVL forums TravelingEggPlant! I think each state has different requirements. As I remember we had to have permanent cooking, sleeping, and bathroom facilities to satisfy both our state and insurance requirements. Hopefully someone from Colorado will chime in.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the forum travelinggplant. We will be glad to follow your progress and share with you what we can. That sure is a unique name tell us the history of it if you want. Let me guess your van is an ugly dark purple?

Welcome to the CRVL Forums  :)

Well, having something to work with is a start.  Some sit and plan and plan while others take action first.  Either way we will wind up with the rig we want and it can always be a work in progress.

Below are a couple of sites that may be of help to you in some ways.

The first for prepping a rig and the second for going on the road with it.

Hope you find things that will benefit you. 

[img=150x150]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...-hWmHkne_RCPXv_XiHcFEyg3jfCrNM&usqp=CAc[/img]

TravelinEggPlant said:
Hello my fellow 'Van Dwellers'!  My name is Chris, live in South Denver Colorado with my two English bull terrorists and am very much looking forwards to communicating with everyone about my new journey as well as continuing my vicarious living thru and learning from reading about your life's journeys and experiences.  I currently live in an extended 1997 Ford E350 van and decided yesterday to invest in a 2004 Ford E450 diesel cutaway and build out a new home, yes I tend to dive overboard with out any plans or safeties... :D :D :D 

Soooo, I am seeking help and guidance for insuring my commercial vehicle and how to get it converted to an RV status.  After having started searching for answers last night of which most posts are from several to many years ago, can someone help direct me or give me guidance as to the necessary steps?

I greatly appreciate and am looking forwards to learning from everyone about everything!

eDJ_ said:
Welcome to the CRVL Forums  :)

Well, having something to work with is a start.  Some sit and plan and plan while others take action first.  Either way we will wind up with the rig we want and it can always be a work in progress.

Below are a couple of sites that may be of help to you in some ways.

The first for prepping a rig and the second for going on the road with it.

Hope you find things that will benefit you. 

[img=150x150]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...-hWmHkne_RCPXv_XiHcFEyg3jfCrNM&usqp=CAc[/img]
Hi [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]eDJ_
[/font]

Thank you so much for the information.  There is a LOT to unpack and learn from and I greatly appreciate the gift of knowledge you have given me!   :)