Newbie from Canada here

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yugogypsy1963

Reaction score
Hi from Cobble Hill B.C. Canada. I'm Lois. I just recently got myself a 19 ft 1976 Prowler/Fleetwood Wilderness with a few things wrong with it, but nothing that is beyond mine or my room mates abilities to fix.

The bug-bear is the title to the trailer which I have to go through I.C.B.C. (our provincial insurance company) to obtain as it got lost 2 owners prior to myself. 

Once I get the title, I'll start looking for a tow vehicle because I drive a VW Jetta which will NOT tow 3000 + pounds 

I'm planning on painting this trailer simply because I don't like green. I'll be working on minimizing my belongings and working on the most efficient way to pack my trailer and tow vehicle. 

You will be hearing more from me as I go along, asking advice and questions. Cheers, Lois

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thank You for the welcome. I plan to read through the Tips, Tricks and Rules in the morning. Off to bed soon so I have energy to work on my trailer tomorrow

Cheers and Goodnight, Lois

Hi Benyamin

Where are you located? I'm a Vancouver Island dweller, I'm 26 or so miles North of Victoria. If you're on the Island shoot me a message. I'm running out of parking spots but if you need a spot to park for a couple of nights you're welcome here

Cheers' Lois

Hi  Lois,
I am currently in Calgary and I hope to be as close to Victoria as possible as I am taking a course at Uvic from Sept 10 to Dec 1st, but after that I hope to be on the road again. 
That would be great. I plan to be on the island Sept 4th or 5th so it would be great to have somewhere to park for the first couple nights.

Well you're certainly welcome here. Just have to move a couple of vehicles. How big is your rig?

Plan to enjoy a good meal and good company. I love to cook when someone drops in and we're all friendly

Welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here.

Welcome to the forum!

You definitely need to paint an image of a bugbear on the side of your trailer.

bugbear_by_almega_3-d9zqv2y.png

2b95f05d3c62ccd4be854b567a7592e1--fantasy-creatures-mythical-creatures.jpg

49984.jpg

HI in Nanaimo Dawnann7

My nephew & several of my cousins live up there. I'll be passing through one day soon on my way to French Creek & will PM you to see if you're available for coffee. My travelling partner is in Courtenay & I have to go there, so I'll keep in touch

Cheers
Lois