Newbie - Building a New Life

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, Everyone! I've been following Bob and Carolyn's YouTube channels for months. Desperate for change, I'm finally able to start putting actions towards my dreams after working hard to overcome some really serious and financial setbacks. 

Glad to be here, ready to learn all I can, get into a rig of my own so I can meet my first goal: to kick off my new life by attending RTR 2019, so I can meet and thank Bob, Carolyn and so many others who have inspired me.

I'm a middle-aged grandma, artist, writer, ex-corporate grunt, widow and former lifelong caregiver to my now deceased mother. I guess more than anything I'm yearning for the space and freedom to rediscover my own creative soul like Robin at CreativityRV. Any other visual artists out there in a van or RV? Looking for a tribe within this tribe. I'm looking forward to meeting new and interesting people - and their pets. I love animals!

I know there are many more life challenges to overcome to reach my goal and maintain my dream, but I'm hopeful for the best possible outcome.

With great hope,
Antoinette  :)

Welcome to the forums..

Have fun out there, you've earned it....

rvwandering said:
Welcome to the CRVL forums Antoinette!  Lots of nomadic artists! Check out this thread - https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=26293&highlight=Art

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, and for the links. This is exciting and I'm looking forward to delving deeper. Enjoy your day!  :)

glasschick66 said:
Welcome! There is a ton (or 2) of information here to get you where you want to go. Enjoy the ride!
Thanks, Glasschick66! Yes, I see what you mean: it's a little overwhelming, but I'm just going to pace myself and learn as much as I can. Can't wait to get out on the open road...

Deal Breaker said:
Welcome to the forums..

Have fun out there, you've earned it....
Thanks, Deal Breaker! You're absolutely right... I've worked hard my whole life and now that I have only myself to take care of, I need to have some fun. Thanks for the encouragement.  :D

Welcome. IMHO, many adventures with like minded friends are in your future! You are working your plan to make it happen at an exciting time. The art tribe currently growing since RTR2018 appears to be well organized and welcoming. Enjoy your journey!

Another glass artist here! Looking forward to seeing you on the road to a happy life!

Turtlelady said:
Welcome. IMHO, many adventures with like minded friends are in your future! You are working your plan to make it happen at an exciting time. The art tribe currently growing since RTR2018 appears to be well organized and welcoming. Enjoy your journey!
Yes, I've heard that the art tribe had a great time at the RTR earlier this year and I'm definitely interested in connecting. Thanks for stopping by to say, "Hi!" ?

RVArtist said:
Another glass artist here! Looking forward to seeing you on the road to a happy life!
That's awesome! I've been fascinated with blown glass since the late 90s having seen a full Chihuly exhibit - kinda always wanted to run away to glass school after that! Have you ever been to the Seattle area? Thinking about heading up there after RTR next year. Thanks for the welcome and hope to catch up with you out there!

Latest posts