New Van Peeps Western WA State

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Shadow_Knows

Reaction score
We're a couple in Western Washington State and believe it or not I was recently gifted a Chevy Express Tiara van in great mechanical and interior condition with decent tires! I'll get a pic up soon. The previous owner died and his widow kindly handed it to me before she moved away. I'm a former electronics/computer R & D technician, amongst other skills, and we are preppers so I'm working this baby over for max boondocking. We are also soon to build our custom home out on the Olympic Peninsula, and I'll no doubt be sleeping out there in it often during the early work. Might even get to play cards with Sasquatch!   :)

Been avidly watching yootube vids on the general subject since I received the van. We'll likely never be hobos but we do want to van-travel in the future

24 VDC Trojan battery bank with a spare 8 VDC battery. 2000 watt inverter in a roller cage (previous owner did that but hadn't finished it. I did get a 12 VDC deep cycle battery, case, 750 watt inverter and charger with it) Most likely the solar will be deployable, 300-500 watts. Will have huge LED light bars front/back plus smaller side lights. Not very stealthy :-/

Came with a large netted side tent, haven't spread it out to find the brand but the roof bracket is already installed

Chevy 350/3 speed W/overdrive. Tow/Hitch package and a hitch rack. I'm about to install a 500 lb rated tubular roof rack and I'll have a waterproof bag roof system as well

Has the basic hard folding bed but it's too short so I'm adding a folding foot piece. My queen sized air mattress will fit perfectly. Will have a frig, AC and sink

I'm a street/dirt motorcyclist, martial artist, Mr 2nd Amendment :cool: hotrodder and shade tree mechanic, avid reader (history, military, classic novels, Louis LaMour, how to, prepping, sci fi, etc)

My other half is almost ready to retire, she's a great guitarist, a smart cookie and mostly reads sci fi/westerns/murder mystery type stuff

We love Rotties and other large breed canines. Sadly we are currently without a furry buddy but we're looking. We both have enduros and I'm restoring my MC trailer from a few years of neglect

Look forward to meeting some of you characters in the future

Welcome to the CRVL forums Shadow! Looks like you're all set to go camping! Keep us updated on the improvements that you make.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Latest posts