New to Mods

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatBalouE350

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I have been reading much on this site for about four months and have just today signed up for membership. Finally last month I bought a Ford E350 extended passenger and retired wheelchair van. It will be my first build out and I'm so glad to find Bob and all of you for I haven't any knowledge or skills needed to do all this by myself. But I do have a helpful son who did take basic woodworking and has tool working skills. 

My Ford is a 2000 and has a back entry Braun wheelchair lift that, unfortunately I can not sell or give away!  It has held up everything so unless someone shows soon to take it away it will be going to recycling.

Glad to be here. Will there be a summer gathering for 2017?

Welcome Kat... Bob released a video today stating he has to go to Florida to take care of his mother for a while, and that killed his summer RTR plans.

Congrats on your new van and good luck with the build!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Welcome Kat!

Not sure if you're aware or not, so i just wanted to mention it...at the very least you should be able to sell the wheelchair lift to a scrap metal salvage yard and at least get some kind of return on it....although scrap metal prices are kinda low right now. Good luck with your build!

Welcome Kat! I'm relying on kids to help with my build also! Do post pics of your build as you go and enjoy the journey!!

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :) 

Congratulations on acquiring the Ford E 350.  I've owned a few Econonlines and have been pleased with them.

If you want to look at a simple getting started mod check out the first link below.  It's how I've done mine,  although I wasn't living out of it back then.   But it was good for long week end camp outs and day trips out of town where I could stealth camp in it over night and avoid $90 dollar motel bills where that same money could buy a lot of gasoline to the tune of 650 miles in my 16 mpg Van. (325 out and 325 back or a 650 mile loop)

All the best with whatever you decide to do.

Welcome Kat to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome!
Mine is just one year older (2001), and had the wheelchair lift by the barn doors.
Share your build :)

ArtW said:

Thank you for the warm welcomes and links!

The wheelchair is finally gone!! Had to take to scrap metal pile at local dump. Now finally I will be able to start removing the inside.

I do like this beast, biggest vehicle I have driven and was very intimidating in the beginning, especially with the higher top. So far it is running good, that is once I ran 2 bottles of fuel injecton and fuel cleaner through it and had a friend change the fuel filter. Can't wait to get started! Now to give him a name!

Latest posts