New to Me Van!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captrick

Reaction score
Just made a deal on this 1989 E250 high top with the 351 V8, it has just over 65,000 miles and I will be the third owner.
It has a small 3 way refrigerator, 2 burner propane stove, heater, sink and a bed/ couch with lots of storage space.
It being delivered by the current owner next weekend!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4181.JPG
    IMG_4181.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 17
Nice. All of the 351 engines were pretty reliable as I remember. I think there was the Windsor, Cleveland, and Modified. All three were different so you will need to figure out which you have when needing parts. The van looks very nice. I hope you have a great time with it.

DannyB1954 said:
The M code 351 was based on the Cleveland but had a longer stroke and higher compression.

I read this wrong. The 351 M was based on the 400 Modified, not the Cleveland. It had a different bell housing than the other 351's. Growing up that is what I liked about Chevy. Just about any engine would work with just about any transmission. Fords, not that way.

Thank you for the link in identifying the differences in the 351, I think mine is a Windsor based on the article but I will know for sure next week when it gets to my place.

Yeah, that's a nice looking set up. I'm envious of the high top.

My knees are going to be happy, way to many years running baseboard, installing tile ,kneeling on concrete floors and construction have taken there toll, I had to find something I could stand up in.