New to Cheap RV living

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladytater

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the cheap RV  living forum. I am starting to plan my adventure, but it may take a few years. I know I will get there and I enjoy watching you tube videos and seeing how free the lifestyle is that so many of you enjoy. I watched a movie on prime video tonight that made me want to take off tonight and join all of you. The movie was " Find Me". It was about two young people with the nomad spirit that are trapped in dull office lives and bad relationships. I won't spoil the ending for you, but it goes without saying they decide to change their lives. I think you will enjoy it. It is a 2019 release.

Welcome tater to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Welcome to the CRVL Forums  :)

If nothing else it is a wonderful step outside the 9 to 5 humdrum of work all week and get two days off.  Just the stimulation to the imagination and lure of what can be possible is tantalizing. 

Long ago my eye opener (as your "Find Me" movie) was on the sides of the pages of "The Last Whole Earth Catalog".
It was a book by Gurney Norman titled, "DR's Trip".   You may like reading it too.   

Below I have a couple of websites I'll offer you to view.   First is a basic setup of a Van rig for week ends and summer trips.  The second is a portal of links that show how to go about it once you get a rig ready to roll.   From there the info in this forum will help anyone desiring to venture deeper into nomadic lifestyle.  Many here are part timer's who have a basic rig for the week jaunts.  They can empty their rig and have a Van to move or haul stuff or people. 

All the best !

I appreciate your help. I am going to try to get out on some "real" camping trips. Most of my trips have been day trips where we had one person who knew how to start the fire and then everyone else just brought food and beer (lots of this). I did sleep in a tent once or twice years ago, but that was the extent of it. I know I will need to have a decent bed these days and I eat lots more than drink beer. I have some friends with RV's but form myself I might try a teardrop or a wee roll to get used to the outdoor life. I am not ruling out a small RV but they are expensive and I am already going to have to wait at least 8 or 9 years to retire. Maybe I will get lucky and win the lotto before then, but until I do I will have to plan like everyone else. Bummer.