New--Qs about Kia Sedona dimensions (inside)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachy

Reaction score
Hi, have been wanting to make a campervan for years, but just hated the low mpgs for something big enough.  And I wanted 4wd, but we can NEVER get all these things (where is 4wd hybrid van??)  Right now I am settling for a Kia Sedona, want to put bed behind driver seat, reverse 2nd row passenger seat for my easy chair. Is there 75" behind the driver seat?  I know there is a sticky dimension thread, but I decided to post in the newby zone since I am new.  Also, how high from floor to ceiling?  Hello, and thanks.

Welcome to the CRVL forums beachy!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

I found the measurements for my van online, by googling the make, model, year, and the words "interior dimensions". It worked for me.

I am aware that information can be found using search engines.  This failed for me, for this minivan, so I came to this forum to ask this question.  I would still like the information, if anyone here has this van, I would appreciate it.  Thank you for the suggestion that I try an internet search.

If you are looking for Hybrid than have you considered the new Toyota Sienna Hybrid?  Toyota released information about it a few weeks ago.  Comparing the Specs it is slightly larger than the Sedona.  It will be more expensive though.

Toyota also announced the new Venza Hybrid.  Wont be as big as the Sedona but I heard some chatter that it may get the TRD package making it the best off road type hybrid.  Subaru Outback is also getting a hybrid version but wont be out for a year or two and after the Hybrid Forester review I am unsure how good the Outback will be.

Beachy,

If you can't find the dimensions online, here is an idea...just go to a car lot and bring a tape measure and a notebook with you, and measure the inside. The sales people won't mind.

I went to a car lot a couple weeks ago and actually laid down inside a Promaster City to see how much room there was. Lol. The sales guy did not mind a bit.

I also went to a Dodge dealer and asked a salesman to put all the seats in the stowaway position so I could see how big it was with the seats put away. He did and he was very nice about it.

Well, thank you for the suggestions, but what this really tells me is no one has this van, I don't see any numbers.  No matter, I am thinking about a Honda CR-V AWD as an interim road trip solution since the mpgs are better.  Not so roomy though.  There is no dealership near me I don't trust them anyway, my way to measure cars is using the fact that arm span is almost the same as height, so one can get a quick idea of sleeping potential that way.

I have a CRV (2 wd)and there are some YouTube videos on them. If you are looking for space it’s not a good choice. I added a 16 cubic foot Thule cargo box and there’s not a lot of extra room. I’m small so it’s ok for me but as others have said if it matters a lot go lay down in whatever you’re interested in. People on here live in every vehicle imaginable so coming here and expecting dimensions of specific cars/vans is a long shot. Especially since they vary by year. Best of luck and no to be brutally honest I wish I had something even a little bigger than my CRV but I decided that since it was almost new and low miles it was safer than buying something I can’t work on myself.
Best of luck

In that video, Jim has a 75" cot behind the drivers seat with room to spare, I think. He may give other dimensions too.

Thanks, that is very helpful.  At 10:40 in the video he starts showing his kitchen, which has a 14 inch wide rack between the cot and the back door of the Sedona.  I do also notice that the driver seat is folded forward and perhaps is at the most forward position, so this is not a ready-to-drive configuration.  Maybe he folds the cot for traveling.  Looks very livable. I like that the back windows can be cracked open a bit for some air. I suppose that the rear liftgate could be in a not-quite-closed position for ventilation too.