New Northwestern Van Dweller

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello! My name is Brian. My wife and I have just recently bought a 2001 Dodge B3500 that we are currently stealth living in in and around Boise, ID and are currently in the process of converting into a reliable, sustainable and livable place. I want to post a tread of the build as it comes along and hope to learn a lot. Excited to be apart of this sweet community!

Attachments

• 1466128028386.jpg
    1466128028386.jpg
    294.3 KB
  • PhotoGrid_1466140949393.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1466140949393.jpg
    1.3 MB
Nice van, looks very comfortable for two. Are you planning to go south for the winter? I lived in Boise for part of one winter, was very cold.

Welcome aboard Brian to you and your wife too!
Get r done and out on the road.

Soo many of those church vans were out there (some were airport and hotel shuttles), and they've got soo much room for conversion goodies!! There is just something supremely cool about the old giant Dodge van. Welcome to the site!

Brian D. Shawley said:
Hello! My name is Brian. My wife and I have just recently bought a 2001 Dodge B3500 that we are currently stealth living in in and around Boise, ID and are currently in the process of converting into a reliable, sustainable and livable place. I want to post a tread of the build as it comes along and hope to learn a lot. Excited to be apart of this sweet community!

Nice looking van! Wow, 2 living inside it, that will be cozy! You have to REALLY get along with your partner to make that work. Good luck on the build.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Brian! Please start a thread in "Conversions and Modifications". We all love to follow along with van builds!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Dgorila1 said:
Nice looking van! Wow, 2 living inside it, that will be cozy! You have to REALLY get along with your partner to make that work. Good luck on the build.
We are oddly close and work as a team with the same goals and ambitions, so it will be strengthening for sure! Thank you!

Nice!  Welcome to the forum.  In ID,  it will get cold/ dry!   If you have tanks make sure they are winter ready.  Best of luck!  ID is sunny, so solar is a good thing to take advantage of .... Soak up the low humidity and big sky!

ghost said:
Nice!  Welcome to the forum.  In ID,  it will get cold/ dry!   If you have tanks make sure they are winter ready.  Best of luck!  ID is sunny, so solar is a good thing to take advantage of .... Soak up the low humidity and big sky!

Solar is the plan! Much research is to be done prior to purchase and install. Thank you!

We're really glad you are here!!

Those Dodges are great vans with tons of room! The one thing I'd warn you though is to watch your weight balance very closely. With the extremely long overhang you want as much of the heavy weight forward of the back axle as possible. Otherwise it will act as fulcrum and lift the front end.

I have a long wheelbase Chevy 1 ton, so it could never be a problem for me, but i still have my 4 golf cart batteries and 10 gallons of water (300 pounds) just behind the front seats--as far forward as I could get them.
Bob