New member so happy I found Bob and the community?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooma

Reaction score
Hello I'm going to be a new nomad
I just retired and will be heading across country from Pennsylvania to the West for 6 months living out of my car conversion! Looking forward to meeting you at the RTR ?

Welcome Mooma to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Sounds like fun.  You’ll surely have a variety of camping spots to enjoy as you go along through the woods to the rivers to the different kinds of desert.  Hope you make it to the Mohave this year.

Hello Mooma,

Welcome to the CRVL forum.
I'll be a ways behind you, I'm leaving from NJ sometime late this year. I hope to be in the desert Southwest for most of the winter. I'll definitely be a the RTR maybe see you there.

Buster

I thought the RTR may not be happening this year?

rvwandering said:
There RTR is happening this year. It's just the location and dates that haven't been finalized.
Thank you rvwandering, Elbear1 had me worried there. 

Mooma, good luck with your preparations and travel. Look forward to meeting you at RTR 2020 (That is happening)

rvwandering said:
There RTR is happening this year. It's just the location and dates that haven't been finalized.

But because blm wont let it happen in previous places, no? Its becoming very difficult to find anywhere from what I understand from the main thread.

Elbear1 said:
But because blm wont let it happen in previous places, no? Its becoming very difficult to find anywhere from what I understand from the main thread.
Thanks Elbear1, I believe you are correct that the RTR will not be at the same location and Bob and crew were working with the BLM to find a new location. During Bob's last live feed, they indicated things were looking good and they hoped to have something to announce soon.
When I read your post I feared something had taken a bad turn, but that does not seen to be the case.
We should probably stop speculating and wait to here form those that are working hard to make it happen.

Mooma, however it works out I hope to meet you by the fire at some gathering before too long. Again welcome to our crazy CRVL forum :)

Agreed. Lets not assume one way or the other until a solution is found.

But it’s so fun to speculate... we can even have a contest to see who gets the closest to guessing the location. We know about a Walmart within 30 miles. I hope there is a town nearby for ice and food and such a lot closer than that. In Q it was just a couple of miles to restock.

You can always join / form a caravan plus there have always been lots of friendly people in the south west winter long term areas that tend to form groups willing to help each other.