New Member Living in 2007 Prius

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WriterMs said:
Oh, and I recommend you read up on the credit cards and your credit score. Having too many open cards can hurt your score, as they look at this like you might suddenly use all the credit limits and get yourself into debt. So check an expert site on their recommendations for balancing those considerations.
I also don't believe you're improving your credit by just having accounts that you don't use.  I believe creditors want to see a history of making payments on time.  Having many accounts may increase your risk of identity theft as well.

introverting said:
I also don't believe you're improving your credit by just having accounts that you don't use.  I believe creditors want to see a history of making payments on time.  Having many accounts may increase your risk of identity theft as well.

Yet closing "extra/unused" account will affect your credit....negatively. I just don't activate the cards when they send the new ones. That way they just die "naturally" and don't ding your record.

mdoverl said:
I was in a bad relationship for 5 years and the only way out was to live in my car. Must I say, I'm loving it. I was in the army for 9 years and I've always loved the outdoors, so most ideas of car dwelling have come naturally. But I stumbled across this community and realized that there is much I need to learn. First...

Condensation in cold weather: I'll be living in the Prius during the upcoming winter, and condensation has me worried. I've lived in a tent and a motor home previously during the winter, but I have a job to go to in the morning and don't want to spend 30 minutes scraping the inside and outside of my windows every morning. Last night I cracked one window about an inch, this did nothing for the next morning as I had to wipe the insides of the windows. At the moment I don't have much money to spend until I re-route my pay checks from the shared checking account to my own checking account (57$ for the next week)

Second...

I want to take this time to tear myself down as a person and rediscover who I really am, and what I can become. I can't wait until I have the Prius properly prepared for car dwelling so I can travel and meet new people.

As other issues and questions arise I'll post them in the forum here. I planning on making a blog/vlog (like everyone else) because this is a journey I would like to record, share, and look back on. I should have done this years ago.....
I look forward to hearing from the community

Go back to Bob's posts, to Breaking out of Prison I and II. He explains it very well.

I have been considering living in my 2012 Prius... Would like to meet you and talk Prius living... 11 Years 11B10, Wondering how you get ice inside the prius??

I keep my AC on even in the winter months.  The temperature control will be set so that the heater will kick on to maintain the temp. The AC won't be in cooling mode so much but it will dry out the air and prevent moisture build up.