new member from QUEBEC, CANADA

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am from Quebec city area, and mu wife & I, recently bought our 1st conversion van, and we expect to traveling with our new van. This will be our first experience (hope we'll get along, in such small space) So, our van is a 1998 ford econoline E150 starcraft conversion van. We got it for cheap, since we don't really know if we'll enjoy it or not... Van is currently on body repair (lots of rust) I want to add a sink, coolman cooler, aux. batteries & inverter. So, you'll probably see me on this forum asking all kinds of questions on how to.....

thank you all !

Welcome aboard Frenchie !
You've found a great place to help you get going.
Ask away.................

Welcome!

Lots of friendly folks here.. and many of them actually know a lot of stuff. LOL

There are several Canadian members, too.

You've likely already discovered the Van section and particulars like Heating/Cooling, etc. But don't forget that beyond the forum is Bob's blog. Lots of good info there plus once or twice a month you'll see great spots to camp for free where he boondocks.

Keep us posted... and I surprised the first greeter did not say it: we love pics of your rig and what you are doing to it. :)

WriterMs said:
Welcome!

Lots of friendly folks here.. and many of them actually know a lot of stuff. LOL

There are several Canadian members, too.

You've likely already discovered the Van section and particulars like Heating/Cooling, etc. But don't forget that beyond the forum is Bob's blog. Lots of good info there plus once or twice a month you'll see great spots to camp for free where he boondocks.

Keep us posted... and I surprised the first greeter did not say it:  we love pics of your rig and what you are doing to it.    :)

Thanks guys for the warm welcome message.... Speaking of pics, I don't have any at the moment, but will take "before & after" pictures, as soon as I get back the van from body shop.

Salut Frenchie!

I used to live in Ste-Foy, QC, out in Alberta now.

Welcome aboard, and hope you find all the How-To you're after!

Welcome to the CRVL forums, frenchie! This is the BEST place to learn and ask questions. Glad you found us!!!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

ahh_me2 said:
Salut Frenchie!

I used to live in Ste-Foy, QC, out in Alberta now.

Welcome aboard, and hope you find all the How-To you're after!

wow, thought this forum was more for folks up in west coast.... and found 2 "québéquoi" what a surprise... Ste-Foy, is 45 minutes from where I live (Bellechasse)
As I mentioned, I will throw out some questions soon.

ps: I haven't saw any "private message" anywhere... am I blind or what ???

thank you all

frenchie said:
wow, thought this forum was more for folks up in west coast.... and found 2 "québéquoi" what a surprise... Ste-Foy, is 45 minutes from where I live (Bellechasse)

thank you all

private message buttons are in lower left "PM" and upper right toolbar "Private Messages"

I was all over in Quebec, Longueuil, Sorel, Chicoutimi, La Pocatiere... La Belle Province!

frenchie said:
Hi everyone, I am from Quebec city area, and mu wife & I, recently bought our 1st conversion van, and we expect to traveling with our new van. This will be our first experience (hope we'll get along, in such small space) So, our van is a 1998 ford econoline E150 starcraft conversion van. We got it for cheap, since we don't really know if we'll enjoy it or not... Van is currently on body repair (lots of rust) I want to add a sink, coolman cooler, aux. batteries & inverter. So, you'll probably see me on this forum asking all kinds of questions on how to.....

thank you all !

Welcome Frenchie, Can't wait to see all your Van upgrades. :cool:

davidorourke said:
Welcome Frenchie, Can't wait to see all your Van upgrades. :cool:

it may take a while, but I will be proud to" show off " my van !

Here's an update on my project... so far,body work is done, and now I have beginning interior modifications (removing middle passagers's seats, installing new vynil planks floor, sink counter, drawer's for storing stuffs, ) just to mentioned a few. So hopefully, I will be able to post some pictures soon.

frenchie said:

thank you all

Welcome Frenchie,

Make it 3 quebequois. I lived in St-Hyacinthe for the first 23 years of my life. Spend just as many years in Toronto and now in Central Florida for 20 years. Yes you can add them up. I'm an old lady. :D

What kind of traveling are you planning to do? Are you in a position where you can take extended vacations?

All the best with your renovations.

Nicole

Hi nobody  / bonjour Ilivemyvan,

Thanks for your comments, pictures should be available in a couple of weeks I guess. So can't wait to post "before & after" pics, and see comments from members. Also if it can give ideas to someone, that would be a plus. Now to answer I love myvan question... We expect to make a trip to Nashville ( love country music...) this coming summer, since we will celebrate our 30th marriage aniversary,  We would have a 2 weeks period to do the trip. Of course we will have to "test" the reliability of the van first in our area, and if everything look fine, then we may aim at Nashville. BTW, would like to have inputs from members for where to boundocking (we will go across NY-PA- Ohio - Kentuckey - finally Tennessee. We want to avoid spending money, since our Monopoly currency is 30% difference, it's something to in consideration...

Thank you all