New in Virginia

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Reno

Reaction score
Hi, Back in a too large brick home in beautiful Virginia Lake Country on the Virginia/North Carolina border...50,000 acre John Kerr Reservoir right here.  Looking for other like-minded non-brainwashed free thinkers looking to band together for gawd knows what is coming now.  I helped start a commune/intentional community years ago...wow is that a story, herding cats. Would consider a van dweller or small rv here on property...also have a farmer friend who has 84 acres and would entertain cheap boondocking there, in northern halifax county virginia...so a couple ideas.  I also would like to find a Class B soon. So if you are looking for a destination or just want to band together...decent people, no hard drugs or crime sprees...retired ex-airline guy here, just me and my sweet german shepherd...at this point now.

Welcome to the forum. I was thinking it might be nice to visit you since I’m an East Coast snowbird, PA to Florida. Then you said something about a German Shepherd and I mean if it’s at all possible I will be visiting you sometime this summer. I love shepherds. My last one was 110 pound purebred from a German line who we called kitty. I love calling here kitty kitty kitty kitty.

nature lover said:
Welcome to the forum. I was thinking it might be nice to visit you since I’m an East Coast snowbird, PA to Florida. Then you said something about a German Shepherd and I mean if it’s at all possible I will be visiting you sometime this summer. I love shepherds. My last one was 110 pound purebred from a German line who we called kitty. I love calling here kitty kitty kitty kitty.
hey, love your reply, hoping to find kindred spirits here...PM me with more about you, lets discuss...

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Covid messed everything up the last year, are you still around??

Hello again, yes I’m still around. Right now hanging out in Sarasota Florida shooting birds. some shoot them with a rifle some shoot with a shotgun I shoot with a canon (Camera). Plan to be in Sarasota till May then head back north again to enjoy better weather. I don’t have AC or heat in my camper so I have to adjust my temperature by traveling. Yeah Covid did screw things up and it’s still screwing things up. But I wouldn’t mind meeting others. Are you still in Virginia? I don’t know what the future holds at my age and with my brain problems I don’t even know what the past held.

Hello Mike
My ex in-laws had a place in the mid 80’s thur the 90’s right on the lake we called it
“bugs island” I was told the locals call it that.
Wife, kids and I would go down just about every weekend from Manassas Va.
two of our 3 kids have wonderful memories of that lake.
not sure when they sold the cabin as I was no longer in the “circle of trust” (meet the Folkers) joke haha
Question
Are you on the lake?
H2o available
Elec available
and of can’t leave out sewer