new here

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05kas05

Reaction score
just thought i would stop in and say hi since I'm new to the forum
my name is james I'm from round rock texas
just picked up my first van i found this forum and decided to join so i can get some info on different set ups and learn from the folks who have been doing this awhile. thanks

Welcome James.
I know the Round Rock area...nice part of Texas.

I hope you know there's an unwritten rule that you must post pics of your van and the build :D

Welcome! We used to live in Round Rock until we sold our place and moved into the RV 7 years ago. You're gonna love the life!

Greetings Friend!

I'm kind of new here, but in the terms of van dwelling, I'm an old timer. Between building my own and helping others to build theirs, I've probably been involved in building over 100 camper vans, a couple dozen bus's, and a number of Step Van's, trailers, RV's, boats, and truck campers too. Even built a Vardo for a friend, and a sheep wagon style for a different friend.

So let us know what you want or need, I have over 50 years experience in living a mobile lifestyle. Even though my home of choice happens to be a camper van, I will guarantee you that I enjoy every single amenity that I would have in a typical "normal" house, except without any of the expenses or headaches that go along with them. With a mobile lifestyle it is also easy to move if you don't like your neighbors or the weather too.

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

Thanks for the welcome guys,
Here are some pics of my van I'm not living out of it at this time it is more of a camping Wagon me and my youngest daughter are working on .we will be using it to take some road trips to different hiking/mountain biking trails and other spots along the way Hopefully this summer.can't move in permanently just yet well at least until the wife gets tired of me and kicks me out haha!!!!!
the van is a 1995 gmc vandura 2500 conversion van I picked it up for 750.00
it looks good body wise but the red interior is faded it needs Little mechanical work which I already started on but it will all come together with time. Anyway i definitely
will be needing some help and info so don't get discouraged with all my newb questions . I'll try not to hit you with to many unless the search doesn't yield a answer. Thanks again

Greetings!

Nice looking van, looks to be almost as long as mine.

Will you and your daughter be ok sleeping in the same bed, or will you be wanting separate beds?

If needed, I may be able to help you some various bed designs, as well as most any other design help you might find yourself needing.

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

Welcome James! with a van you are 90% there already. Just get in it this weekend with a few provisions and go camping. From there it is an easy transition to vandwelling. The ideas will start flowing like water.

most likely she will sleep on the fold down seat and i will just crash on the floor with my air mattress for now. we are going to start out with just our basic hiking gear that we normally take and then we will work it out from there. if i need some design ideas i will most definitely hit you back thanks for the offer it is appreciated.

Simran said:
Welcome James! with a van you are 90% there already. Just get in it this weekend with a few provisions and go camping. From there it is an easy transition to vandwelling. The ideas will start flowing like water.

exactly what i have planned, i figure we will just start out like every other camping/hiking trip and work it out as we go. although once i get my mechanical repairs out of the way i do believe some house batteries and solar will be on my short list but it will be awhile before that happens. it will all come around in due time but at least i can enjoy it while i save up and thats what matters at the moment just getting out of the house.