New here; still planning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treesonggal

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,<br><br>I live near Inglis, FL and care for my ex-boyfriend who is dying of COPD. We share an investment in a small mobile home on a lot which I hope I recoup when he passes. If not, I'll be hanging on somehow until I collect SS at at 62 in two years.<br><br>I'd like especially to hear from fellow Floridians; single women and anyone who's cared for a partner before or during van dwelling.<br><br>I'm not wealthy so anything I do van wise will be frugal, frugal, frugal, which is fine with me.<br><br>Enjoy the day!

<span style="font-size: x-small;"><strong>welcome from s.w. florida .... blkjak</strong></span>

Thanks to both blkjak and lonfu your welcome. Blkjak, your van conversion is awesome and I empathize with the health issues. Have a friend in Seminole who is at VA Bay Pines many times a week! And lonfu, Arizona is where I hope to land, for awhile anyway!<br><br>

At one time I had the idea of hitching a ride with someone already van dwelling; maybe for a week or so, to give it a try. Friends thought I was out of my mind, but I say if I found the right person &amp; got to know them well enough to take a short jaunt that it's an option.<br><br>The ex-boyfriend's son just bought a 90s Chevy conversion van &amp; tinkered with it. Every chance I get I'm out there taking measurements, etc. It's not a high top, but otherwise it was a steal at $1500 and then another $1500 into it.<br><br>Anyone ever hear of someone hitching a ride to try out the lifestyle?<br><br>

Welcome to the group, treesonggal...<br><br>I am still in a Bricks-n-Sticks but am slowly working on releasing the shore and being free to move about the country.<br><br>If you read Bob's blog, you will see a lot of ways that you can live an exceptional life VERY FUGALLY.&nbsp; He has great information in that head of his and he is willing to share it.&nbsp; Nice guy.<br><br>The only people I know in FL have lots of money and think I am insane for even thinking of living outside the box (house).&nbsp; I am in Texas.&nbsp; We have a lot more "Freedom Freaks" here.<br><br>Good luck!<br><br>Peace, Love and Fly Your Freak Flag!<br>Bodhi

I have no doubt I can live frugally as a van dweller! One of my more recent abodes was a 160 sq. ft. cabin on 10 acres. No electric, solar, well, septic, land line phone and lived on $300 a month.<br><br>Have no desire to accumulate miles; only experiences &amp; relationships, so overall gas cost should not be burdensome.<br>&nbsp;Thanks for the Texas welcome Bohdi.

Welcome from Chicago. I'm a single mom in the planning stages while waiting for my daughter to go off to university next Fall. This is all new to me, and when I first thought about doing it, I thought, other than the "stereotypical RVers" that this idea was totally new. LOL. I soon learned differently after finding this site. Welcome.

How you do it whether car,van RV or travel trailer ..its amazing how much is available to you on a frugal lifestyle.....it has its ups and downs but WoW! is the feeling you get being independent from all of it...

Im a Boondocker on the east coast , mostly in the north east region and keep it all together on 800 a month with a hefty amount set back from that......Granted I travel in an RV now due to disabilities......but no matter how, you just have to try it!..... :)