New here, Hello everyone.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow

Reaction score
As the title says, I`m new here. I don`t own a van or rv yet, but I plan on buying one or the other by the end of next year.
Right now I am in the process of paying off some bills, and once that's done, in the next couple of months I can start putting some money away.

I would like to get either a class B van, or a small class C that`s under 25' in length, and I would be looking at used vehicles, because from what I have seen so far, you can find some really nice used vans and rv`s for considerably less than new ones that are just as nice.

I registered here to learn from others and to ask question about thing I don`t know about, or in general. I spend a lot of time watching youtube videos of those that live in there vans and rv`s, and I have learned a lot, but the best experience is actually doing it.

The best part of joining the forum and YouTubing long before you're ready to purchase is you get to change your mind again and again and again... :)

Welcome!

Welcome to the boards shadow. Lots of good information here. You cam to the right place.

Shadow! Welcome to the CRVL forums! You've come to the right place to learn and ask questions. Our members are the most knowledgeable and helpful people I know.

It's fortunate you have time to plan.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome aboard the forums shadow !
You can start getting a non virtual feel for it all by going on day (or 2) trips with whatever vehicle you have now.
A local state park or maybe a nearby lake with a boat launch parking or.....well , you get the idea . Wherever you can find that feels safe.
(Last night , I saw guy in the local Walmart pkg lot sleeping in a small Toyota , in the driver's seat with the back reclined ,,,,he might have been waiting for someone inside but nobody was bothering him ! )

Welcome to the CRVL forum !   :) 

I applaud your choice to research first, and get positioned to make the transition. 

This gives you plenty of time to find a deal on something.   As I've learned, if you have
plenty of time to shop around, you'll find some great deals.

Don't know what you have right now but by July 4,  the summer retailing season will be over
and it will be "back to school".    There will be deals on all kinds of camping equipment including Tents.
(if you only have a small car)  Thus you could go on a few tent camping jaunts.  Shop the flea markets
and yard sales and you'll find loads of camping equipment at give away prices.  These things can go into
your hope chest for a Class B or C.    A screened in dining tent with a floor can double  as a tent when you
hang up bed sheets inside it for privacy.  Then in the day it can be your open room.

I have a couple sites below that address fixing up an old empty Van with a bed, kitchen, and seating. (so it would be a legal house vehicle in many states)  The other is what I call a "Swiss Army Knife" of helpful info for a newbie.  It can help in planning an itinerary and keeping up with weather events in the Great Outdoors and much much more. 

So welcome to the adventure,  then "New American Dream".

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone.

Right now I don`t own an rv or a van, and I have never had either one. My first choice is a class b, but they are hard to find were I live in Idaho, but you can find used rv`s from private sellers and dealers. The most common thing you see on the roads around here are fifth wheel trailers, or just regular tow behind trailers.

I feel kind of stupid for not knowing about this life style years ago, or I would already be doing it. I wont be buying a class b or rv (class c) until the end of next summer, I am in the process of saving some money for either a down payment, or a private seller purchase, but in the mean time I am still trying to learn what ever I can to get a better handle on what I want when the time comes.

Between this forum, youtube, and what ever I can find on line, I have already learned a lot. But there is still much more I need to know and learn. I am hoping everything will come together by the end of next summer, but it really sucks having to wait.

Welcome to the group. Keep us in the loop and when you get a vehicle, we love pictures. :)