New Guy Checking In

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trailsailor

Reaction score
I'm hoping this is the right spot to introduce myself. Anyway, my name is Jim and I've been a mostly fulltime  truck camper for about a year now.

I spend most of my time in NFs when it's warm and last winter I stayed in a couple of BLM spots near Yuma.  Initially it was all a little intimidating but now with a little time under my belt I'm really enjoying myself.

I retired from the Navy in 1999.  Two more years and I'll be eligible for SS.  Money is a little tight til then since I have to share my pension with ex-wife.  Otherwise, I would move around a lot more than I'm able to now.

My vehicle is a 1998 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD with a vintage Glasstite shell.  Pretty bare bones but the longer I do this the more stuff I get rid of.

I like to hike and I like to read.  I travel with a 6 yr. old labradoodle who is absolutely worthless as a guard dog.  But we manage.

There's my intro, see you on the boards.

Welcome to the Forum. Tons of good ideas and good minded people on here.

Welcome Jim to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. come to the RTR January. highdesertranger

trailsailor said:
I'm hoping this is the right spot to introduce myself. Anyway, my name is Jim and I've been a mostly fulltime  truck camper for about a year now.

I spend most of my time in NFs when it's warm and last winter I stayed in a couple of BLM spots near Yuma.  Initially it was all a little intimidating but now with a little time under my belt I'm really enjoying myself.

I retired from the Navy in 1999.  Two more years and I'll be eligible for SS.  Money is a little tight til then since I have to share my pension with ex-wife.  Otherwise, I would move around a lot more than I'm able to now.

My vehicle is a 1998 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD with a vintage Glasstite shell.  Pretty bare bones but the longer I do this the more stuff I get rid of.

I like to hike and I like to read.  I travel with a 6 yr. old labradoodle who is absolutely worthless as a guard dog.  But we manage.

There's my intro, see you on the boards.

Hi,
Welcome, Jim! It's great to meet you. My neighbor had a labradoodle and he wasn't a guard dog at all but he was the most lovable baby in the world! Sending you lots of happy thought!

Latest posts