New, from Tombstone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Donahue

Reaction score
I live in Tombstone, Arizona... a secret oasis somehow distant from the stress and clamor of the outside world. I love history and art and my small 2013 Ford Transit Connect van. I guess RVs are like cameras or handbags -- there's never a perfect one, is there? But at 76, an still a lifelong small-car person... and the TC is a joy to drive, handling, braking, parking. We won't talk about acceleration, although the lack of it is the tradeoff for great gas mileage. Inside, I have a 6'x3' wood bookcase flat on its back, with removable plywood hatches on top, some cushions above that and my sleeping bag. Also a three-drawer locking file cabinet bolted to the bookcase. A 5-gal bucket and wag bags, a small coffee can to pee in, a 20-lb. Tidy Cat bottle for fresh water, without the kitty litter of course.
Camping -- have my Arizona state permit for recreational use... so much state land here! Plus the senior pass for Federal land, what a deal. I use the Avenza Maps app to sort out State and BLM land from private land.
Overall? My mantra is Less Is More. Less stuff. Less debt. And more freedom!

We really enjoyed Empire Ranch and the other BLM land in the area. Much of it was questionable for 2 wheel drive though for us. Welcome!

Welcome to the CRVL forums Jon ! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the forum!

Awesome tiny build, sounds like you thought of everything.
-crofter

Thanks for the replies and tips.
Rose, next time you are here, drive off Hwy 80 along Middlemarch Rd to Coronado Forest boondocking sites at the foot of the Dragoon Mountains. Special.
Bullfrog -- re 2-wheel drive... I got stuck near town in sand a year ago, LMAO digging out, first time in 50 years.
Crofter -- your Promaster is HUGE compared to my TC. Straight walls inside too, envy! So tonight I will dream about pulling a very small trailer, with a tiny kitchen, toilet and shower. You know, half the fun about RVs is daydreaming about them!

Latest posts