new: car living?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civie

Reaction score
Hi I'm new =p

This website is amazing.  At first I judged this site thinking it was too professional looking to have any real content; boy was on wrong!  I've read some of the old stories and a few posts..  There's so much!  will probably watch the documentary on the home page in bed soon.

I was planning on trying to save money for a van and live out of that but then I decided just use the car, it'll be cheaper.  And I'm in California now :)  I moved back here after sixteen years in Minnesota; split up with 'wife', sold the house, got rid of almost everything I own...  I want to get into stealth camping.

I have a '93 Civic I'm going to give this a shot with.  I'm currently staying with family so this will give me some 'practice time' to get things down.  I've boon-docked for many months in a '85 Minnie Winnie but the gas mileage was slaughter.  After reading the forums I'm going to take my back seat out tomorrow.  I have a solar panel and power inverter from the good old days I plan to use with a 2nd car battery.

Dying to get back to the site... =)  Hope to trade tips/stories with everyone soon.

Welcome civie to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hi civie
I too am doing the car camping route soon do to it is just me traveling, also I may want to drive a lot to see a lot of places in a shorter period of time, in a lower MPG vehicle it's cheaper to travel slower.

I plan to buy a used Prius soon.

UtahPam said:
Hi civie
I too am doing the car camping route soon do to it is just me traveling, also I may want to drive a lot to see a lot of places in a shorter period of time, in a lower MPG vehicle it's cheaper to travel slower.

I plan to buy a used Prius soon.

Welcome! I live, travel and do seasonal work in my Prius V. I'm very comfortable in any weather. This forum has tons of information!