Net Buddy Legit

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought I would make a quick update.

NetBuddy is still overall working well and I used 164 GB of data the last 30 days. I'm on my third month of service.

I did have a few times when I had no internet even though I was connected and had bars. I assume it was an ATT issue. I also still have sometimes that it is slow, but attribute it to tower congestion.

The overwhelming majority of the time it works great and has decent speed.

Roger, for traveling do you prefer the netbuddy over the Straight Talk (stylo 3) plan? The netbuddy might "roam" and the ST will not.

I think Netbuddy is an app to allow you to tether on a non tethering plan. Straight talk is a plan

And I guess it is a prepaid account too so does not roam for data.

Where on ATT would roaming be useful? Which regionals do they contract with?

I just purchased a Black Hawk router, $200, and a Net Buddy Sim card for $60/mo. two weeks ago.  So far so good.  I was using my AT&T phone hot spot, but was getting throttled once I got to the 10GB limit.  My Black Hawk router is getting 5 bars and on the 5G setting, which is working much faster than the 4G and LTE setting on the router.  I have not been throttled at all so far, and it is working seamlessly.  I use it to stream Dish Network and my Roku/Netflix for TV service in my RV and internet for my laptop and Ipad.  I live out in the country, so I almost went back to Hughes Net, but I was really dreading that.  Thank you Net Buddy for as long as you last.  I am getting my Linksys router back from my daughter who is in college and does not need it anymore.  I am hoping that the Linksys will broadcast the signal from my RV to the house (RV parked outside--man cave), so my wife will be able to use it too.  Right now she uses two phones--home phone and cell phone, 10 GB of hotspot each for her internet needs. :)

My Net Buddy works great and I am on my third month. Once I was not able to get internet, although I had bars. A couple of times it got very laggy, but otherwise has been solid. This is from a stationary location. When I am on the road, if I get bars, I had gotten really good internet. I can get 30 Mbps down the road, and if I go to a rest area near here that happens to sit beneath the main towers, I can get 52 Mbps. So if I need to download a large file, I usually go on the road to one of these two spots to get it downloaded quickly. (Then I go out for a pizza!)

I just got NetBuddy set up and it's working well. I bought locally and did the remote activation through their website, it only took them about an hour and it was done.

FYI if you buy the Netgear Nighthawk from Best Buy it already has a SIM installed even though that is not mentioned anywhere. I wish I hadn't already ripped open the separate SIM I bought, oh well!